+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hospitals are not always right I know its the mail but!!

Hospitals are not always right I know its the mail but!!

Who the hell do the hospital in question think they are, stopping the parents from doing everything they possibly can to save their child's life even if it is a very small chance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-religion.html

Re: Hospitals are not always right I know its the mail but!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Who the hell do the hospital in question think they are, stopping the parents from doing everything they possibly can to save their child's life even if it is a very small chance.

I don’t know the ins and outs of this specific case so my comment will be general but sometimes the family aren’t able to make the decisions that are in the best interests of the child - of course every parent wants to do what’s best and will clutch at every straw but sometimes it’s just not the right thing to do.

I suspect this is what is happening in this case, and taking the story on face value faith is a very strange angle to use as your argument. I suspect the Daily Mail are possibly sensationalising it a tad.

Stopped reading after seeing the headline tbh.
    What difference does it make whether they are Muslim or not?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Stopped reading after seeing the headline tbh.
    What difference does it make whether they are Muslim or not?
    Because it is the daily mail, of course!

It does not make any difference at all I am pointing out that the hospital is taking the decision away from the family!

The girl has been in hospital on an artificial ventilator since Feb 9th and she's in a coma. It's very sad but if she won't recover, which all but one doctor have said, then perhaps they're doing what's best for the child.

Possibly but if it was my child I would give it that last chance with the italian doctor, nothing to lose!

Possibly but if it was my child I would give it that last chance with the italian doctor, nothing to lose!
    Apart from further suffering to the child.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Apart from further suffering to the child.
    That's what the doctors will be concerned about.

Anyone would, but the brutal truth is that it denies precious resources to another child/other children who also desperately need them to survive. That's why the decisions are made by people not emotionally attached
    - and they're not decisions made lightly. No one wants to be making that call.

The opposite of a Jehovah's Witness refusing a blood transfusion on religious grounds. Would people be arguing that the JW's were right to refuse a blood transfusion or would they be happy for the Medics to make the best decision for the good of the child?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone would, but the brutal truth is that it denies precious resources to another child/other children who also desperately need them to survive. That's why the decisions are made by people not emotionally attached
    Is this poster cheating ? He is using intelligence and logic to make his point. I think that gives him an unfair advantage on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Because it is the daily mail, of course!
    Change the record ffs

It's yet another grisly example of the State wanting to demonstrate its power of life and death through its medical Commisars .
    As you say, there can be no harm in allowing the parents to try or to feel that they are in control at this terrible time

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Cannot disagree sadly .

I may think differently if I was the parent though .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cannot disagree sadly .

I may think differently if I was the parent though .
    Yes that's what I'm saying