Thread: Best band you've never seen?

Re: Best band you've never seen?

ELO

Muse

Allman Brothers Band

I think they only came to the UK once. The Live at Fillmore East album I’m convinced is one of the best live albums ever. I still play their albums regularly. Sadly, no Allman Brothers left alive but a great legacy of music remains.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    For me its Pink Floyd.
    I had a ticket for Earls Court 1994 but couldn't make it so passed it on to a mate who wasn't having the best of times.
    Biggest disappointment for me was Happy Mondays (Glastonbury 90) who at the time were my favourite band.
    Who would you most like to see?
    I was at that gig and you missed and amazing show (best I’ve seen)but fair play to you and your generosity.
    But with a little twist to your question I’d say a Pink Floyd with Roger Waters

You’ve never seen....
    The Smiths

Between 1978 and 1984 I think I saw all the notable bands from the punk and new wave era (certainly every one that has been mentioned in this thread).

If there was a band that I wish I’d seen that I know now I can’t it would be The Beatles (but wouldn’t 95%+ of people say that). I’d add Lou Reed to the list and Joy Division (who I still can’t believe I missed)

There is only one gig I MUST see now and I know I’m prepared to pay almost whatever it takes and that’s Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band (sadly without Clarence so not sure it truly counts). I’ve seen Bruce on his own but not with the band

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Allman Brothers Band

I think they only came to the UK once. The Live at Fillmore East album I’m convinced is one of the best live albums ever. I still play their albums regularly. Sadly, no Allman Brothers left alive but a great legacy of music remains.
    Lynyrd Skynyrd for me but I really do wish I'd had a chance to see the Allman Brothers too

The Birthday Party. 1983. With the Fallh Could've, should've.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Between 1978 and 1984 I think I saw all the notable bands from the punk and new wave era (certainly every one that has been mentioned in this thread).

If there was a band that I wish I’d seen that I know now I can’t it would be The Beatles (but wouldn’t 95%+ of people say that). I’d add Lou Reed to the list and Joy Division (who I still can’t believe I missed)

There is only one gig I MUST see now and I know I’m prepared to pay almost whatever it takes and that’s Bruce Springsteen and The E Street band (sadly without Clarence so not sure it truly counts). I’ve seen Bruce on his own but not with the band
    I saw Lou Reed in 1984. It was awful.

christ i thought i was old..
    best gigs were red hot chilli peppers circa 85 in copenhagen
    and the prodigy circa 95
    Best band , killing joke

Sex Pistols at Caerphilly. Was thinking of going but then just forgot about it 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Sex Pistols at Caerphilly. Was thinking of going but then just forgot about it ��
    I was outside singing hymns......

Saw the Smiths in 84 and 86 as Mozzer knows - I was also at Newport Centre when Morrissey got dragged off the stage and bumped his head and which made him go all right wing I believe

Saw Carter USM they were good however not a patch on the mighty Cardiacs who I saw at Treforest Poly - now they were out there!

Feedback

The panics

Led Zeppelin
    1981/1984 Simple Minds (The best Line-up at the peak of their originality) I didn't see them until 1986
    The who with Bonzo (I saw them with Daltry, Townsend, Entwhistle)
    Queen (Saw Brian May with Cozy Powell)
    Bowie
    T-Rex
    Fleetwood Mac
    Genesis with Gabriel
    Marillion circa 1987 with Fish

Slightly off topic, cleaning out the other night, 'ER indoors' found this scarf

which i bought at the Cardiff Capitol gig in 1977 and at which I snagged one of Cozy Powell's drum sticks, A Ludwig heavy
    IMG_20190907_211946.jpg
    Amazingly the gig is on YouTube, albeit the quality shite

At 16, and a wanna be axeman seeing Richie Blackmore

So not to miss anymore, any good ones coming up? Doesn’t seem to be the same buzz and energy at soulless venues these days mind

I can't decide between The Clash and Juan Foote n' The Grave.

Missed them both (for different reasons) in 1979 and always regretted it.

My Bloody Valentine, Roller Coster tour. Blur were a bit duff that night.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    great times baker the likes we'll never see again just glad i was at the right age . miserable my arse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FleOp_njaU

Were you at that gig mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Were you at that gig mate?
    Mott The Hoople, also Ian Hunter and The Rant Band.Ian is 80 now but still rocks

The Band