+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

Re: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What do you think a gimp mask is, out of interest?
    Not the best look on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You do hold yourself in quite high regard, fairplay. I suppose it must sting all the more when others fail to realise the intricacies of your discourse.

I don't know whether I hold myself in high regard. In one sense we should all try to do our best, but on the other we are all just mortal men who can know almost nothing of the true nature of the world.
    It doesn't sting at all if some people who don't seem very clued up don't appreciate or maybe even understand what I might say - perhaps it dissapoints sometimes because I'm generally only saying it to involve them in discussions from which I suspect they're generally excluded.
    I've every reason to be confident in my abilities , so the utterances and expletives of a few yobs on a football forum are unlikely to dent my self image much - not that self image or ego are huge things to me.

To be absolutely frank, I'm a bit horrified that there are so many thickies and so few articulate people here. It's not how I remember the people of South Wales years ago when Colliers would sit there discussing Socrates and imagining a world of advancement for their children and grandchildren.
    I remember how they scrimped to provide libraries and books for local schools to this end. I have reason to be grateful to them for this, and therefore if anything "stings", it is seeing that their efforts apparently turned out to be fruitless in so many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I don't know whether I hold myself in high regard. In one sense we should all try to do our best, but on the other we are all just mortal men who can know almost nothing of the true nature of the world.
    It doesn't sting at all if some people who don't seem very clued up don't appreciate or maybe even understand what I might say - perhaps it dissapoints sometimes because I'm generally only saying it to involve them in discussions from which I suspect they're generally excluded.
    I've every reason to be confident in my abilities , so the utterances and expletives of a few yobs on a football forum are unlikely to dent my self image much - not that self image or ego are huge things to me.

To be absolutely frank, I'm a bit horrified that there are so many thickies and so few articulate people here. It's not how I remember the people of South Wales years ago when Colliers would sit there discussing Socrates and imagining a world of advancement for their children and grandchildren.
    I remember how they scrimped to provide libraries and books for local schools to this end. I have reason to be grateful to them for this, and therefore if anything "stings", it is seeing that their efforts apparently turned out to be fruitless in so many cases.
    To be fair we didn’t have many Welsh footballers about then to enthuse over so Socrates was a decent shout.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Well, according to my AncestryDNA results, I'm a 100% Celt....and that's not a spelling mistake by the way.
    I'd ask for a refund. There's no such thing as a Celtic DNA as they were a group of ethnically diverse tribes who shared a common linguistic root.