+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I'd always thought we had a knowledgeable and loyal fan base.
    We certainly used to and we certainly have had until recently .

I hope and think we still have, but this message board makes me wonder.

I've never seen a message board turn so badly against a national team and its manager before where people have nothing good to say about the players, the manager himself or the football they play. In fact I don't think I've seen one where there are quite so many with no idea about the game, but that's not so important. This is our team, a team managed by the most decorated footballer of the modern age. One of our very own - born and bred!!!

Can it be that a small number of "anti supporters" have gained a stranglehold in this particular place, or is this now the standard position of former supporters? Have you changed nationality!

People are still going to the games and there seems to be a positive atmosphere there, and people away from this forum still seem to love Wales so what's going on ?

I find it depressing and I certainly can't read about it much longer, but I wonder, if there's anyone else here who actually likes or loves our country and wants us to succeed , won't they please speak up ?

You should all be ashamed to be Welsh!!!!
    Siarad Cymraeg?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And still it whooshes
    In fairness, if you don't read Birdies posts then you ain't gonna get it-That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Well, according to my AncestryDNA results, I'm a 100% Celt....and that's not a spelling mistake by the way.
    Prefer Rangers myself.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    The board has been good over the last few months and I’ve enjoyed reading the football contributions and debates by lots of posters.

Other than that is, that utter imbecile who clogs it up and generally ruins threads.

To add insult the username it uses is one of an ex-City player who was a truly lovely man.

I couldn’t resist the post
    Why don't you try to do one of his political posts full of swastikas, stormtroopers and summary executions; that would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Why don't you try to do one of his political posts full of swastikas, stormtroopers and summary executions; that would be fun

Yeah that's right, cause I'm a well known fascist aren't I ?
    I mean, it's not as if you're the intolerant one who calls democratic votes " glorified opinion polls" or anything are you ?

As you always say, anyone who disagrees with you is Nazi I suppose.

Having said this , I can forgive you all this because at least you're not thick, and that's depressingly unusual here.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I mean, it's not as if you're the intolerant one who calls democratic votes " glorified opinion polls" or anything are you ?

Having said this , I can forgive you all this because at least you're not thick, and that's depressingly unusual here.
    Aw Sir Jim that's a tad unfair surely. I agree with anyone who doesn't disagree with me.

Well, according to my AncestryDNA results, I'm a 100% Celt....and that's not a spelling mistake by the way.
    They came originally from Europe, of course.

So called world cup finalists Croatia currently drawing with Azerbaijan, so there

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They came originally from Europe, of course.

Where else do you think they might have come from ?
    I think it was Austria specifically wasn't it ?

Dembeth has had his DNA taken loads of times, but they've never used it to check his genealogy

Give it a rest, you complete and utter cockwomble.

There is always going to be the odd Cedric/Treseder/RB (wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same fella) on this board.

I also like to think the (proper) bellend count on this board is somewhat representative of our fan base in general.

One in a few hundred is not bad going.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    There is always going to be the odd Cedric/Treseder/RB (wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same fella) on this board.

I also like to think the (proper) bellend count on this board is somewhat representative of our fan base in general.

You shouldn’t be so harsh on yourself. You do tend to waffle on a bit, but I wouldn’t describe you as a bell end.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You shouldn’t be so harsh on yourself. You do tend to waffle on a bit, but I wouldn’t describe you as a bell end.
    Sorry. You weren’t the poster I was thinking of . You have the type of handle a bellend might use but you are normal. I agree about the waffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In fairness, if you don't read Birdies posts then you ain't gonna get it-That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it
    Ohhh that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

What a brilliantly constructed and logical argument !
    I think that goes right to the heart of the matter and you've obviously given the question a great deal of thought .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

There we go with the multi ID paranoia again !
    It kind of says everything that you're concerned that a few people here can write more than one sentence at a time without calling someone names. It seems though that you're prepared to accept this as long as the vast majority are utter ****ing morons who couldn't find their own arse with both hands !

There we go with the multi ID paranoia again !
    It kind of says everything that you're concerned that a few people here can write more than one sentence at a time without calling someone names. It seems though that you're prepared to accept this as long as the vast majority are utter ****ing morons who couldn't find their own arse with both hands !
    Maybe you just have to accept that a lot of people find a proportion of your posts annoying and will continue to do so if you carry on reproaching others for expressing an opinion.

That might be a constructive post. I don't for one moment intend to reproach anyone for having an opinion .
    If it's taken like that , it's a mistake . What I often do is to express my own view quite forcefully and when I see a problem with the opposite argument I will use all sorts of devices to point that out.
    I do certainly use colourful language , and sometimes I'm joking whilst sometimes I'm not and I do appreciate that the difference is sometimes subtle . However, I'm a great supporter of most freedoms, including those of speech and expression, so please don't think that I'm trying to stamp them out in anyone.
    I'm a bit old fashioned in that I regard open debate as a bit of a round house and I probably expect a bit more robustness than is present with young people now, or even older people who have joined the yogurt knitting ,politically correct fashion.

If someone is saying something daft, I don't think it's helping them to pretend to see their point, but maybe a lot of them are so sensitive now that it upsets them to hear stuff they don't like or which contradicts the media or state education system.

That might be a constructive post. I don't for one moment intend to reproach anyone for having an opinion .
    If it's taken like that , it's a mistake . What I often do is to express my own view quite forcefully and when I see a problem with the opposite argument I will use all sorts of devices to point that out.
    I do certainly use colourful language , and sometimes I'm joking whilst sometimes I'm not and I do appreciate that the difference is sometimes subtle . However, I'm a great supporter of most freedoms, including those of speech and expression, so please don't think that I'm trying to stamp them out in anyone.
    I'm a bit old fashioned in that I regard open debate as a bit of a round house and I probably expect a bit more robustness than is present with young people now, or even older people who have joined the yogurt knitting ,politically correct fashion.

If someone is saying something daft, I don't think it's helping them to pretend to see their point, but maybe a lot of them are so sensitive now that it upsets them to hear stuff they don't like or which contradicts the media or state education system.
    Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Gimp
    Interestingly intelligent reply.

Lets hope one never suffers from being a disabled person or knowing a one , who is so devalued to being described as the awful terminology of being a gimp .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What is a Cockwomble.??

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Gimp

Listen, I wonder whether you know that there are places where that's not considered to be a good argument .
    It's actually a bit pathetic if your only ability to respond is to launch some abusive crap which you wouldn't say to anyone in person .

Do you think it makes you sound clever or hard or what ?

What I often do is to express my own view quite forcefully and when I see a problem with the opposite argument I will use all sorts of devices to point that out.
    You do hold yourself in quite high regard, fairplay. I suppose it must sting all the more when others fail to realise the intricacies of your discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Interestingly intelligent reply.

Lets hope one never suffers from being a disabled person or knowing a one , who is so devalued to being described as the awful terminology of being a gimp .
    What do you think a gimp mask is, out of interest?