Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
Didn’t seem to be a lot of purpose to the passing. Seemed ponderous.
It was. I'm pretty sure mind Giggs might have suggested speeding up the tempo and try making decisive passes which penetrate or cause their defence to move and work. I can't imagine him saying "Ponderous passing is the way to go lads, we'll lull them to sleep..."

Didn't think our midfield was any good last night until Williams came on and he gave away the ball needelessly in the last few minutes. Ampadu didn't look match fit and also was wasteful with the ball, Allen also.

I'll reiterate the whole campaign so far has been littered with mistakes where we've got punished by better players and teams. We were fortunate that Hennessy lapse of game management didn't cost us late on in the game and Harry Wilsons frustration and complete lack of brains didn't result in a red card. I've highlighted these two but the passing from the back was wayward and there were mistakes and sloppy passing all over.

The answer for midfield would be Ramsey and Brookes who can thread passes and are a lot quicker in thought and physically in playing passes that cause the opposition to move, think and turn. That didn't happen enough last night.