+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1st game of the season

1st game of the season

I know a few of you have followed my journey into football coaching

So this afternoon is the girls 1st game of the season ( and my 1st in charge, well joint in charge )

most other teams stopped training over the summer, we kept at it, twice a week, sometimes numbers were poor ( very poor ) but we stayed at it

1st game against our local rivals ( in the same town )

no better feeling than this

Re: 1st game of the season

Pob lwc

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Pob lwc
    cheers

Well the girls played a binder, gave 100%, one asked to come off at about 12 mins as she felt sick, one couldnt breath as she was running the line so much

we subbed them on and off on a rolling basis when they were about to drop ( responsible coaching as FA guidelines )

15 - 0

I guess the summer of training paid off

top of the league at the end of week one

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    cheers

Well the girls played a binder, gave 100%, one asked to come off at about 12 mins as she felt sick, one couldnt breath as she was running the line so much

we subbed them on and off on a rolling basis when they were about to drop ( responsible coaching as FA guidelines )

15 - 0

A cricket score. Well done to the girls, hard work does pay off!

you will be managing Cardiff ladies within 2 years at this rate

Well done, keep up with the updates!

Congrats Pep!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    cheers

15 - 0

Well done for putting in the the hard work, i've been there with a kids side from Ely and it wasn't easy. They had been kicked out of the league twice! The only unfortunate thing is the scoreline, 15-0 does nobody any favours although i can't think of any way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    A cricket score. Well done to the girls, hard work does pay off!
    It came down to fitness i think, we completely changed it from the coach last year, designed a setup to suit and play to the strengths of 3 players ( its a 7 a side ) and it worked very well, didnt even play a CF

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    you will be managing Cardiff ladies within 2 years at this rate
    I will be honest, I am loving it, love the coaching and seeing the girls improve, one downside is i miss watching my oldest play netball on Saturday ( she still plays Tues and Thursday though ) and she has to get dropped off after the game and wait around Costa with a hot chocolate and do her assignments, but it will only be 3 weeks out of 2 months, the rest of her games are at different times

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well done, keep up with the updates!
    i mightnt if it all goes wrong next week I Only post when we are winning

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Congrats Pep!
    even got the sweater

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well done for putting in the the hard work, i've been there with a kids side from Ely and it wasn't easy. They had been kicked out of the league twice! The only unfortunate thing is the scoreline, 15-0 does nobody any favours although i can't think of any way around that.
    We changed the setup around after 10 mins of the 2nd 1/2, gave the lesser players the key roles, by that time the other team were blowing hard and even the lesser players ran them ragged, tougher game next week though I dont believe in conditioning games with like " you have to pass the ball 10 times before you shoot " it just comes across as patronising to the other team, nd last year we were that other team