+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was that nonsense with the flare about?

What was that nonsense with the flare about?

Seemed to be a bit of aggro between stewards and fans after the flare was thrown on the pitch. Baffled why anyone would celebrate a win against the mighty Azerbaijan in that way as presumably they're going to be banned once identified. Really not worth it.

Re: What was that nonsense with the flare about?

Surprised they managed to smuggle in given stewards were frisking fans before they entered the stadium

You get frisked but as long as you answer 'yes' to the question 'just your phone and keys in your pocket?', I think you could smuggle anything in to be honest.

From the gesturing of the chap in the front row, I got the impression that he threw it on the pitch to get it away from him, after someone further back initially threw it and it landed by him.

It was a smoke bomb, not a flare.
    Drama queens made the most of it, harmless enough.
    Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Surprised they managed to smuggle in given stewards were frisking fans before they entered the stadium
    I never got frisked? They sometimes ask you to open your jacket, but that’s just one of Wayne Nash's stupid ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    It was a smoke bomb, not a flare.
    Drama queens made the most of it, harmless enough.
    Nothing to see here!
    It was probably Ashley Williams who threw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was probably Ashley Williams who threw it.
    Nah, thankfully he was nowhere near the stadium. He was back home in England.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I never got frisked? They sometimes ask you to open your jacket, but that’s just one of Wayne Nash's stupid ideas!
    I friggin well did.

I friggin well did.
    That's because the stewards like to profile fans. Saw you bowling along and thought, aye, aye!

he was in the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    he was in the stadium
    I’m not surprised, the egomaniac has skin like a rhino.

Didn’t want miss a night out, chasing single mums around Mill Lane no doubt.

Towards the end of last season I worked the Macc Town V Crewe game. I was in charge of the away terracing and had four stewards outside who frisked every man and woman that came into the ground. Searchings bags, coats, hoods, hads, etc thoroughly. I double checked a few myself who I didn't feel had been properly frisked. Anyway that day eight flares were let off and we found another three that hadn't been lit/failed to go off.

Try and work out how they got them in?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Towards the end of last season I worked the Macc Town V Crewe game. I was in charge of the away terracing and had four stewards outside who frisked every man and woman that came into the ground. Searchings bags, coats, hoods, hads, etc thoroughly. I double checked a few myself who I didn't feel had been properly frisked. Anyway that day eight flares were let off and we found another three that hadn't been lit/failed to go off.

The people you thought were eager about their jobs weren’t really as eager as they made out and didn’t bother frisking as thoroughly as you’d have liked?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The people you thought were eager about their jobs weren’t really as eager as they made out and didn’t bother frisking as thoroughly as you’d have liked?
    So close.....

So close.....
    They plug it?

back pockets..

I have noticed when being searched people never search your back pockets, probably do not want to touch your bum bum

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They plug it?
    Er, no, not quite. They get the kids to bring them in. You can't frisk a kid. That is how the Crewe fans got them in.

Er, no, not quite. They get the kids to bring them in. You can't frisk a kid. That is how the Crewe fans got them in.
    Bit of an anti climax.

Are they the Crewe Crew?

Sorry, I missed that, could you say that again?

Never seen so many flares at Ninian Park than at that Man Utd game in the 70s. Tank tops in full evidence as well.

I've smuggled many a can in, the frisking's usually quite pitiful. Got proper frisked on Friday though, they even confiscated my little keyring penknife which I've had for so long I'd forgotten it was an actual knife. I've taken that on so many planes too

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    From the gesturing of the chap in the front row, I got the impression that he threw it on the pitch to get it away from him, after someone further back initially threw it and it landed by him.
    This is correct. I was sat 5 seats away from him on the second row and the flare/smoke bomb came down from further back in the Ninian and hit him. The stewards mobbed up and had a real go at an innocent person. It was quite upsetting, a mother and her young son, who were sat next to the guy, left in tears. Whoever launched that incendiary device is an utter c@nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Sorry, I missed that, could you say that again?
    His employees can’t be arsed to be as thorough in their jobs as he is. People take crack pipes and flagons of bow into the football