+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bercow on his bike

Bercow on his bike

Re: Bercow on his bike

Orrible little narcissist, and his giant gobby media lady ,who strangely has been very quiet recently.

Narcissist is indeed the word - how he lapped up the adoration last night. Bring back Betty Boothroyd!

I think the man is incredibly good at his job. His theatricalities alone have inspired people to take an interest in Parliament, and that can only be a good thing. He may be an entitled Tory but he's an entitled Tory with principles

Well you would say that Dorcas.
    In reality he's a self seeking turncoat who became embittered when he was unable to fulfill his ambitions of High Office in the Conservative party and consequently sought revenge by abusing the position of trust placed in the Speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    In reality he's a self seeking turncoat who became embittered when he was unable to fulfill his ambitions of High Office in the Conservative party and consequently sought revenge by abusing the position of trust placed in the Speaker.
    Another uniparty globalist who knows the jig is up.

How anyone can actually like that man, is beyond my thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How anyone can actually like that man, is beyond my thought process.
    It helps if you are Guardian reader

Parliament needs to change and modernise quick. Bercow is a product of the unruly behaviour and theatrical nonsense that goes on there. We have a strange situation where convention requires everyone to use over the top formal language whilst allowing them to behave like chimps. Makes good telly (as does he) but no bloody wonder that nothing gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It helps if you are Guardian reader
    And I am

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Of course I would say that: I suspect any reasonable person would say the same.

I find it incredible anyone could call the man a turncoat when he is still a Conservative and hasn't changed party although it seems his own party are reneging on him. Self seeking he may be (most politicians are ... look at the loathsome fatball that passes for a Cabinet these days), however he has upheld all the best traditions of Speaker by using the latitude conferred on him to passionately defend the supremacy of Parliament in the face of a hostile executive. He will leave a lasting legacy and will be a hard act to follow.

Leaving at the exact right time so that a remainer can succeed him. Thanks for everything John

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Leaving at the exact right time so that a remainer can succeed him. Thanks for everything John
    His place in the political firmament is assured Delm. A man amongst mice

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    His place in the political firmament is assured Delm. A man amongst mice
    A person who was above approach, used it to serve a certain group of people and their agenda , which gave him an untouchable position to behave favorably to his pay masters and their particular agenda , bit like the Masons or the Mafia .

A person who was above approach, used it to serve a certain group of people and their agenda , which gave him an untouchable position to behave favorably to his pay masters and their particular agenda , bit like the Masons or the Mafia .
    And who pray are his "pay masters"? Wouldn't that be the British taxpayers?

He's approachable by the way; I think you mean reproach! Not that I mean to REPROACH your goodself you understand; it's just that I'm trying hard to figure out your personal APPROACH to current affairs.

He's approachable by the way; I think you mean reproach! Not that I mean to REPROACH your goodself you understand; it's just that I'm trying hard to figure out your personal APPROACH to current affairs.
    The truth .

If you think he is of sound character, and has behavior impartially throughout the last few years (well good on you)

A lot of observers don't agree , and has stepped over the mark at times ,whilst calling orders to order ( ironic )

I have just thrown out there he may not have always behaved impartially , and has served the remainers well ,and used a privileged position to do so .

The truth .

If you think he is of sound character, and has behavior impartially throughout the last few years (well good on you)

A lot of observers don't agree , and has stepped over the mark at times ,whilst calling orders to order ( ironic )

I have just thrown out there he may not have always behaved impartially , and has served the remainers well ,and used a privileged position to do so .
    Sorry I absolutely disagree. The man has served his fellow MPs and the country well. He has been scrupulously impartial in my opinion and performed his first duty with distinction. His first duty is to protect Parliament from the excesses of the Executive, and in these troubling times we can all be grateful that, by extension, he has been protecting us.

Sorry I absolutely disagree. The man has served his fellow MPs and the country well. He has been scrupulously impartial in my opinion and performed his first duty with distinction. His first duty is to protect Parliament from the excesses of the Executive, and in these troubling times we can all be grateful that, by extension, he has been protecting us.
    I think the best and last comment I can make about this man , is on the very last day of parliament , before it was prorogued , he and others allowed 2 hours of speeches on how wonderful he was , priceless at a time when every minute of parliamentary time is crtical .

Thats me done .

I think the best and last comment I can make about this man , is on the very last day of parliament , before it was prorogued , he and others allowed 2 hours of speeches on how wonderful he was , priceless at a time when every minute of parliamentary time is crtical .

Thats me done .
    Why was it critical?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Why was it critical?
    Maybe because MPs were actually in Parliament, that's been something of a novelty since this Prime Minister took over.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe because MPs were actually in Parliament, that's been something of a novelty since this Prime Minister took over.
    Indeed a very valid point , my only thought though do you actual think if they had 24/7 parliamentary time for the next 5 years would they get to an agreement ?

As this is reported as being a very important matter facing us since WW2 ( not my quote ) perhaps the best amendment they could have brought to the government and parliament , would have been to cancel their summer recess including the speakers

Indeed a very valid point , my only thought though do you actual think if they had 24/7 parliamentary time for the next 5 years would they get to an agreement ?

As this is reported as being a very important matter facing us since WW2 ( not my quote ) perhaps the best amendment they could have brought to the government and parliament , would have been to cancel their summer recess including the speakers
    I’d cancel the conferences too. At one of the most critical times in our post war history last thing I want to see is myopic back slapping and aggrandising.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’d cancel the conferences too. At one of the most critical times in our post war history last thing I want to see is myopic back slapping and aggrandising.