+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The election vote tonight

The election vote tonight

I have a question, why are the torries putting another vote together tonight for an early GE, considering they were well beaten last week and none of the opposition have changed opinion what will be different? won't everyone just vote the same way again?

Re: The election vote tonight

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I have a question, why are the torries putting another vote together tonight for an early GE, considering they were well beaten last week and none of the opposition have changed opinion what will be different? won't everyone just vote the same way again?
    A few might change their minds.

Funny how the government will allow multiple attempts on votes to get the result they want, yet won't allow further attempts on votes in which they have the result they want.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Because Corbyn promised that if they didn't delay the prevent no deal bill in the Lords, he'd support an election and let the electorate decide.
    He lied, after all this bollocks about not trusting BoJo, he's shown who's not to be trusted

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Because Corbyn promised that if they didn't delay the prevent no deal bill in the Lords, he'd support an election and let the electorate decide.
    He lied, after all this bollocks about not trusting BoJo, he's shown who's not to be trusted
    Yep,pretty well sums it up .

And to answer the original OP, there is no room for manoeuvre for Boris ,he' s boxed in along with all the leave voters, the opposition parties or remainers will not back any sort of deal, so like May your buggered without a majority ,hence the call for an election , which all in but name will be a second referendum, a get out of jail for everyone surely ??.

The opinion polls if belived, suggest that Corbyn is disliked , and Boris and his gang smell blood , hence him calling for a general election twice now to get a majority ( intrestingly before Boris, Corbyn used to call May out for an election .

My guess is Boris would probably form an election pact with the Brexit party to see off Labour leavers in the leave seats to get that majority .

Time has arrived for JC to pick a side leave or stay.

With remainer May gone , we at least know what the Tories under Boris want , and that is to leave .

JC in my view should have backed May's deal, he could have been seen better as a real unity candidate ,not like the one he now claims to be , or want's.

JC should do the right thing for his party and bravely stepping aside, give the job to Keir, who will improve thier political appeal in a flash , and allow them to confidently take on the Boris GE challenge alongside the Liberals .I really can't see the Liberals getting into bed with JC with so many of the (anti Corbyn) Labour MP now in thier ranks , like Berger and Chukka.