Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
I've no doubt Wishbone Ash were influential and well-known enough in their heyday, but as I've already said I think famous is pushing it. I'm a fan of plenty of late-Sixties and early-Seventies stuff but I can honestly say I've never heard a track by Wishbone Ash that I'm aware of, and that is genuinely surprising considering I attend a music quiz most Tuesday evenings where my team are considered 'the youngsters' (we're all in our fifties) and all sorts of tracks from that era are played regularly.

I don't think you can put the Zombies in the same category. They had one of the most easily-recognised and regularly-covered hits of their day - a track which still gets regular radio play today. I've definitely heard stuff by them - I have both of their 1960's albums.

Fame is difficult to quantify. For instance, I saw Skunk Anansie play in support of other bands on several occasions before they even had a record deal. Would they qualify as famous? I wouldn't say so, although I guess others would and they did have plenty of hit singles.
Are there any metal rounds in this quiz

I am happy to help you clear up