+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good results for Wales tonight

Good results for Wales tonight

They now need to start performing and scoring

Re: Good results for Wales tonight

It’s makes the group very interesting. If we draw against Slovakia and Croatia and beat Azerbaijan and Hungrary we are very likely to finish second. Easier said that done of course.

We could win the group. We have as good a team as any in the group. Bale, Ramsey, Brooks, James, Wilson and the re-emergence of Joniesta. I like Rodon as well. I think we need to go for it.

Will brooks be back for any other qualifiers?

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.c...er-ryan-giggs/

Can’t disagree with much there.

Other results going our way is great but we have to look at ourselves and I am still totally unconvinced by Giggs. I’ll always be hopeful that the passion and raw talent of the team along with the enthusiasm of the Welsh supporters will push us forward, but I can’t help feel that Giggs’ management might be an insurmountable handicap.

Maybe I’m wrong and his tactics and man management are actually good but knowing a bit about the character of the guy and watching the behind the scenes footage of his time at Manure, I struggle to believe his potential as a manager comes anywhere near matching the potential and current quality of his players.

I thought Slovakia winning in Hungary was a good result but now realise a draw would have been better. Slovakia still have home games against us and Azerbaijan to come which they will fancy winning both. Still much better result than Hungary winning

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s makes the group very interesting. If we draw against Slovakia and Croatia and beat Azerbaijan and Hungrary we are very likely to finish second. Easier said that done of course.
    Wouldn't a 1-0 victory over Croatia give us the advantage if head-to-head results come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.c...er-ryan-giggs/

Can’t disagree with much there.

Other results going our way is great but we have to look at ourselves and I am still totally unconvinced by Giggs. I’ll always be hopeful that the passion and raw talent of the team along with the enthusiasm of the Welsh supporters will push us forward, but I can’t help feel that Giggs’ management might be an insurmountable handicap.

Maybe I’m wrong and his tactics and man management are actually good but knowing a bit about the character of the guy and watching the behind the scenes footage of his time at Manure, I struggle to believe his potential as a manager comes anywhere near matching the potential and current quality of his players.
    Let's be honest, the position of Wales manager is a thankless task. Very few individuals achieve any degree of success and Chris Coleman was widely panned despite his excellent tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wouldn't a 1-0 victory over Croatia give us the advantage if head-to-head results come into play?
    I don’t know because they beat us by one goal. Do away goals come into play if nations are level on head to head?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I thought Slovakia winning in Hungary was a good result but now realise a draw would have been better. Slovakia still have home games against us and Azerbaijan to come which they will fancy winning both. Still much better result than Hungary winning
    We mustn’t lose to Slovakia. A draw would be fine.

I don’t know because they beat us by one goal. Do away goals come into play if nations are level on head to head?
    That's why I am asking. I know a draw away against Slovakia would see them off if we are level on points.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's why I am asking. I know a draw away against Slovakia would see them off if we are level on points.
    Slovakia is different because we beat them. If they beat us 2-1 in the return presumably we would be above them with the away goal counting double. What if three teams finish level on points? What happens then?

Slovakia is different because we beat them. If they beat us 2-1 in the return presumably we would be above them with the away goal counting double. What if three teams finish level on points? What happens then?
    It's an interesting group, and while many people had already thrown in the towel after the two away defeats, I certainly wasn't one of them. With such a young group of players, they are capable of improving from game to game. Some are fitter than they were back in the summer, and we still have Ramsey to come back. I think we are in for an exciting finish, and even if we fall short it will have been a fantastic learning experience for our young guns, who are all going to be old heads by the time they reach the age of 23!