Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
A good point, yes. But I think the reason I enjoy football so much is because I lived and breathed it as a kid and growing up. The decent knowledge I have of football is why I love it so much. I just find it hard to be into a sport like Cricket (even if I have a small grasp of the rules) and feel like I've missed out on 15-20 years of it that I can't relate to.
Don't be daft. If you don't like cricket then you don't like it. If you want to start to like it then watch it. Or, even better, play it. Don't worry that you missed the 2005 Ashes or whatever. This summer has had two "I remember where I was when..." moments alone and there will be more to come, so get involved before they happen. I watch test matches and the occasional 20:20 so I don't pretend to know very much but it doesn't matter. You don't need to be an expert. Frankly it's impossible with some sports. Cricket is like a day job, as is baseball.

Got any friends who like cricket? You can't really go wrong, it's cheap to go to (county cricket in particular) and at worst you end up having a few beers in the late summer sun with your mates. You don't need to score the match or even watch all of it. It's a great day out, especially a close one day match.