+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How easy is it to get into a new sport?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How easy is it to get into a new sport?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I rarely ever watched other sports when I lived in the UK. I watch American football now and baseball. I really like them both, but I don't know whether I would have got into them as much if there had been more football on TV when I first moved here. I suspect I would though. I can just about tolerate ice hockey and I can't stand basketball.
    What was your knowledge of football and baseball like before you started watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    What was your knowledge of football and baseball like before you started watching?
    Zero.

But my interest in baseball was piqued by seeing a documentary about the Brooklyn Dodgers. And American football is very hard to ignore in this country.

Zero.

But my interest in baseball was piqued by seeing a documentary about the Brooklyn Dodgers. And American football is very hard to ignore in this country.
    I never watch American football but I LOVE an American Football documentary - Last Chance U, QB Beyond the lights, I lap them up. The drama of it just fascinates me but the slowness of watching a whole game means the actual sport has never grasped me (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I never watch American football but I LOVE an American Football documentary - Last Chance U, QB Beyond the lights, I lap them up. The drama of it just fascinates me but the slowness of watching a whole game means the actual sport has never grasped me (so far)
    If you haven't already, I can tell Friday Night Lights is so up your street. (I've watched it through twice). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758745/

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    If you haven't already, I can tell Friday Night Lights is so up your street. (I've watched it through twice). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758745/
    Will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Will check it out
    If you ever get round to watching it, drop me a PM just so I can see if you enjoyed it or not!

If you ever get round to watching it, drop me a PM just so I can see if you enjoyed it or not!
    will do

will do

I've watched it at least 3 times. Excellent.

I've watched it at least 3 times. Excellent.
    So good isn't it! Perfect mixture of sport drama, great character development and genuinely gripping storylines.

Its one of those series that if you aren't gripped after the 1st episode then you never will be