+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How easy is it to get into a new sport?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How easy is it to get into a new sport?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I rarely ever watched other sports when I lived in the UK. I watch American football now and baseball. I really like them both, but I don't know whether I would have got into them as much if there had been more football on TV when I first moved here. I suspect I would though. I can just about tolerate ice hockey and I can't stand basketball.
    When I lived out in the States I watched the Red Sox play a few times, the Yankess a couple and went to watch the Royals once. I really enjoyed watching it live. But when it came to talking about it to people, that was another kettle of fish. I find it hard to like a sport if I can't discuss it properly afterwards, you know?

Re: How easy is it to get into a new sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    When I lived out in the States I watched the Red Sox play a few times, the Yankess a couple and went to watch the Royals once. I really enjoyed watching it live. But when it came to talking about it to people, that was another kettle of fish. I find it hard to like a sport if I can't discuss it properly afterwards, you know?
    Like most sports, with the aid of running commentary, it's much easier to learn about it on TV. This is especially so in Baseball where every part of play is previewed and reviewed. It won't take you long to understand what "here comes the oh-two pitch" means.