Re: Geoff Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Does he remind you of someone?
    Ohhhhh yeah !!!

Now you mention it.

Great spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I missed the word selfish from my post. Deeply unpleasant and self obsessed. Says it all about the emotionally retarded May that she thought it appropriate to honour him.
    And Piers Morgan is up is bum as well.

Yes... No.... Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sounds like most of Wales with its Man U and Liverpool associations
    my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    And Piers Morgan is up is bum as well.
    No surprise. Morgan is a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    "Done me like a 'kipper". Can't argue with that!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Got some kind of award from theresa may

Fecker was born in Barnsley yet supports Man United

What a proud Yorkshireman

What a ****
    I find that genuinely shocking. Is this common knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Yeah i mean, he only captained England 50 times, led them to the number 1 team in the world in tests, won 2 ashes series as captain and was the last England captain to win the Ashes away.

After he stopped playing he was the director of Cricket for England and put much of the structure in place that led to England winning the world cup, only leaving the role after his wife contracted a rare form of cancer.

After being left with 2 young son Strauss set up the Ruth Strauss foundation raising awareness and funds for Cancer,starting with a very successful day at Lords against Ireland.

but apart from that he has achieved next to nothing.
    Indeed its an anti Tory rant bugger all to do with knighthoods .

They should look at Corbyns appointment of Shami Chakrabarti as a baroness straight after her astonining anti semtism Labour party enquiry.

They should look at Corbyns appointment of Shami Chakrabarti as a baroness straight after her astonining anti semtism Labour party enquiry.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you life on mars. The guy who doesn't like 'political pointscoring'

(When other people do it)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not a team player, very ‘me,me,me’. Very often talk in his day that team mates attempted to get him run out to hurry play up. Always came across as an extremely awkward man, I’d imagine he’s had a few barneys in his time.

Astonishing in it's speed, depth and thoroughness? Yes I thought so too.

Boycott is a boorish, loud idiot - and a hero of Theresa May, maybe because they share a few character traits.

The 'honour' that annoyed me more was making John Mann a lord - but again no surprise that the Tories would reward him.

The whole honours system should be ripped up. It has always been abused and used for political purposes - usually to promote friends and donors of the ruling elite - with a few scraps thrown to charity workers and lollipop women/men.

But the titles come with so much offensive baggage I would rather some new system of public recognition for exceptional service or contribution to society started from scratch. Time for this country (and others) to grow up and consign monarchs, peers, knights and dames, and holders of medals banging on about the British Empire to the history books!

Another example of your confirmation bias that you’ve had a pop at Corbyn on a thread when we’re discussing the morality of a man given a knighthood who’s been convicted of a violent offence against a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    ‘It was 25 years ago, love. I don’t give a toss’: Geoffrey Boycott defends himself over domestic violence conviction.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9098691.html

A knight of the realm mind
    Says he voted bexit because a French court found him guilty of punching his mrs in the face 20 times. Probably would have been easier to just not beat his girlfriend really.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The evidence didn't suggest it at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/...cket.jonhenley

"The Medical Evidence is damning" Have you seen a photo of her face after it?
    My argument is back on track

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're replying to a guy that seems to think that someone can deserve a knighthood for being very good at cricket, which overrules the fact that he held his wife down and hit her 20 times in the face. I wouldn't worry too much.
    It took him five hours with a break for lunch.

#oldjokeshome

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Astonishing in it's speed, depth and thoroughness? Yes I thought so too.

Boycott is a boorish, loud idiot - and a hero of Theresa May, maybe because they share a few character traits.

The 'honour' that annoyed me more was making John Mann a lord - but again no surprise that the Tories would reward him.

The whole honours system should be ripped up. It has always been abused and used for political purposes - usually to promote friends and donors of the ruling elite - with a few scraps thrown to charity workers and lollipop women/men.

But the titles come with so much offensive baggage I would rather some new system of public recognition for exceptional service or contribution to society started from scratch. Time for this country (and others) to grow up and consign monarchs, peers, knights and dames, and holders of medals banging on about the British Empire to the history books!
    Theresa May boorish, loud, ?? Let's face it you've got a big chip on your shoulder..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Theresa May boorish, loud, ?? Let's face it you've got a big chip on your shoulder..
    Those weren't the character traits I was thought they shared. But wooden, lacking empathy, and any number of other ones... yes.

What chip on my shoulder? A lifelong grievance against Tories (blue ones, yellow ones, celebrity ones and John Mann) and all they represent? If that's what you're trying to suggest then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Says he voted bexit because a French court found him guilty of punching his mrs in the face 20 times. Probably would have been easier to just not beat his girlfriend really.
    .. bloke's a ****

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    My argument is back on track
    Were there photo's back in those days , and media reports , police evidence photographs , like to see see the impact of someone being hit 20 times by a fit sportsman .

If I slapped someone about 20 times they would would be hospitalized and very a badly cut ,bleeding ,swellings .

Ms Moore, who ran a computer consultancy in Monaco , is a tax free haven with a certain type of folk , just saying , ????/

Were there photo's back in those days , and media reports , police evidence photographs , like to see see the impact of someone being hit 20 times by a fit sportsman .

If I slapped someone about 20 times they would would be hospitalized and very a badly cut ,bleeding ,swellings .

Ms Moore, who ran a computer consultancy in Monaco , is a tax free haven with a certain type of folk , just saying , ????/
    Possibly your most bizarre post. You seem to be suggesting that this was some kind of scam by some floozie on a get rich quick trip and if you had slapped her around rather than Boycott she would have stayed slapped. Apparently the French police and appeal court didn't share your innuendo but that's bloody foreign justice I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Possibly your most bizarre post. You seem to be suggesting that this was some kind of scam by some floozie on a get rich quick trip and if you had slapped her around rather than Boycott she would have stayed slapped. Apparently the French police and appeal court didn't share your innuendo but that's bloody foreign justice I suppose.
    I really dont know, I'm just don't get the lack of pictorial evidence ,hospitalized reports ,being struck 20 times by a man is a serous bodily attack , surly that would have left so much damage to the lady in question ,and if produced would have nailed him forever , and never allowed back in an appeal , I just understand it ,it correct there was a row , just think the overall accusation is a bit smelly and exaggerated ??????????

Heisenberg

I really dont know, I'm just don't get the lack of pictorial evidence ,hospitalized reports ,being struck 20 times by a man is a serous bodily attack , surly that would have left so much damage to the lady in question ,and if produced would have nailed him forever , and never allowed back in an appeal , I just understand it ,it correct there was a row , just think the overall accusation is a bit smelly and exaggerated ??????????
    Strange hill to want to die on.

Geoffrey Boycott’s self-absorption has always kept him close to controversy

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...y_to_clipboard