+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Geoff Boycott

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Geoff Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Yeah i mean, he only captained England 50 times, led them to the number 1 team in the world in tests, won 2 ashes series as captain and was the last England captain to win the Ashes away.

After he stopped playing he was the director of Cricket for England and put much of the structure in place that led to England winning the world cup, only leaving the role after his wife contracted a rare form of cancer.

After being left with 2 young son Strauss set up the Ruth Strauss foundation raising awareness and funds for Cancer,starting with a very successful day at Lords against Ireland.

but apart from that he has achieved next to nothing.
    You're replying to a guy that seems to think that someone can deserve a knighthood for being very good at cricket, which overrules the fact that he held his wife down and hit her 20 times in the face. I wouldn't worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You're replying to a guy that seems to think that someone can deserve a knighthood for being very good at cricket, which overrules the fact that he held his wife down and hit her 20 times in the face. I wouldn't worry too much.
    The evidence suggests she made the story up.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...buse-case.html

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    The evidence suggests she made the story up.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...buse-case.html
    I'm going to choose to ignore this because it doesn't fit in with my argument

I'm going to choose to ignore this because it doesn't fit in with my argument
    The evidence didn't suggest it at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/...cket.jonhenley

"The Medical Evidence is damning" Have you seen a photo of her face after it?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The evidence didn't suggest it at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/...cket.jonhenley

"The Medical Evidence is damning" Have you seen a photo of her face after it?
    My argument is back on track

My argument is back on track
    Were there photo's back in those days , and media reports , police evidence photographs , like to see see the impact of someone being hit 20 times by a fit sportsman .

If I slapped someone about 20 times they would would be hospitalized and very a badly cut ,bleeding ,swellings .

Ms Moore, who ran a computer consultancy in Monaco , is a tax free haven with a certain type of folk , just saying , ????/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Were there photo's back in those days , and media reports , police evidence photographs , like to see see the impact of someone being hit 20 times by a fit sportsman .

If I slapped someone about 20 times they would would be hospitalized and very a badly cut ,bleeding ,swellings .

Ms Moore, who ran a computer consultancy in Monaco , is a tax free haven with a certain type of folk , just saying , ????/
    Possibly your most bizarre post. You seem to be suggesting that this was some kind of scam by some floozie on a get rich quick trip and if you had slapped her around rather than Boycott she would have stayed slapped. Apparently the French police and appeal court didn't share your innuendo but that's bloody foreign justice I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Just saying what? That despite being rich, she made it up to get more money?

I sometimes wonder if you're a bot. Illogical arguments, terrible writing. The clues are there.

It took him five hours with a break for lunch.

#oldjokeshome