Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geoff Boycott

Re: Geoff Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Strange hill to want to die on.
    Lets not get cross about it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Were there photo's back in those days , and media reports , police evidence photographs , like to see see the impact of someone being hit 20 times by a fit sportsman .

If I slapped someone about 20 times they would would be hospitalized and very a badly cut ,bleeding ,swellings .

Ms Moore, who ran a computer consultancy in Monaco , is a tax free haven with a certain type of folk , just saying , ????/
    Just saying what? That despite being rich, she made it up to get more money?

I sometimes wonder if you're a bot. Illogical arguments, terrible writing. The clues are there.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Astonishing in it's speed, depth and thoroughness? Yes I thought so too.

Boycott is a boorish, loud idiot - and a hero of Theresa May, maybe because they share a few character traits.

The 'honour' that annoyed me more was making John Mann a lord - but again no surprise that the Tories would reward him.

The whole honours system should be ripped up. It has always been abused and used for political purposes - usually to promote friends and donors of the ruling elite - with a few scraps thrown to charity workers and lollipop women/men.

But the titles come with so much offensive baggage I would rather some new system of public recognition for exceptional service or contribution to society started from scratch. Time for this country (and others) to grow up and consign monarchs, peers, knights and dames, and holders of medals banging on about the British Empire to the history books!
    I was making a mental list of the things I hate about Britain the other day and the honours system is definitely one of them. Mostly it lauds the already fabulously rich and/or famous for doing their job. It's also incredibly condescending - Lilly the lollipop lady who's done 50 years get some minor gong (the queen's used teabag medal) while cabinet office apparatchiks get access to lordly power. Load of bollocks.

I really dont know, I'm just don't get the lack of pictorial evidence ,hospitalized reports ,being struck 20 times by a man is a serous bodily attack , surly that would have left so much damage to the lady in question ,and if produced would have nailed him forever , and never allowed back in an appeal , I just understand it ,it correct there was a row , just think the overall accusation is a bit smelly and exaggerated ??????????
    I've been mulling this over for a while and I've finally come to the definitive conclusion that David Bowie would not like you

I really dont know, I'm just don't get the lack of pictorial evidence ,hospitalized reports ,being struck 20 times by a man is a serous bodily attack , surly that would have left so much damage to the lady in question ,and if produced would have nailed him forever , and never allowed back in an appeal , I just understand it ,it correct there was a row , just think the overall accusation is a bit smelly and exaggerated ??????????
    Here is the evidence:

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...aret-Moore.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...0767539523.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/210000...ruises_150.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I was making a mental list of the things I hate about Britain the other day and the honours system is definitely one of them. Mostly it lauds the already fabulously rich and/or famous for doing their job. It's also incredibly condescending - Lilly the lollipop lady who's done 50 years get some minor gong (the queen's used teabag medal) while cabinet office apparatchiks get access to lordly power. Load of bollocks.
    The Royal Family, The House of Lords, The Honours System are all antidemocratic and lend themselves to croneyism, retention of privelege and a lot of other ills that are a hangover of a very class-based society.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Royal Family, The House of Lords, The Honours System are all antidemocratic and lend themselves to croneyism, retention of privelege and a lot of other ills that are a hangover of a very class-based society.
    Agreed 100%