+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY

WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY

Biggest killer of men under fifty

Don't suffer in silence , you are not alone

Campaign against living miserably 0800 58 58 58

Samaritans free phone 116123

Re: WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY

This should be shouted from the rooftops, terrible for people to suffer in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This should be shouted from the rooftops, terrible for people to suffer in silence.
    It's a macho thing , women go to their doctors when they can't cope , blokes go down the pub consuming alcohol which leads to depressive symptoms as it leaves the body

And the mental health services in the UK are shocking and not fit for purpose

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's a macho thing , women go to their doctors when they can't cope , blokes go down the pub consuming alcohol which leads to depressive symptoms as it leaves the body

And the mental health services in the UK are shocking and not fit for purpose
    Men struggle to talk about their feelings. I've had mates since i was five years old and we've grown up together, never once have we ever talked about mental health, same with my old man, never talked about how we were feeling or got emotional infront of eachover. I'd maybe tell my old girl if i was having problems then she would tell him, then she would tell me that your dad said not to worry! What a set up! Same in work, everything is laughed off. My advice is this, talk, talk and talk, share your fellings and worries, don't think that you'll look weak or vulnerable because it's only you-us-me-that thinks that. Problems go away when you share them and realise that people want to help. Even this place can be a wonderful place for people to share their problems.

Not speaking about your feeling is part of the toxic masculinity thing you hear on TV now. Keep talking people.

And mental health = physical health = mental health.

Had a good friend take his own life just over a month ago. Honestly was the happiest person in any room he'd enter but they say that's quite common. Made me realise just how hard men find it to talk about this stuff. Don't know why... maybe it's the assumed embarrassment of thinking like that.

I went to the GP recently concerned about my mental health. I have tried a number of routes to assist with depression and anxiety. Recently I was made aware that I may be ADD as this contributes heavily to depression and anxiety. The problem being that ADD needs to be treated with stimulants not medicine with a calming effect as that will make it worse.

The GP warned me that as I wasn't a repeat criminal or ****ing my life up completely the referral would likely be denied by the local mental health board. Great stuff.