+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A470 Speed Cameras

A470 Speed Cameras

The yellow speed cameras recently put up towards Pontypridd-are they average speed cameras for the length of the road they cover ? Are they average speed between each camera? Or are they individual speed cameras ? Apart from temporary 50 mph signs there does not appear to be any signage at all like there is at Port Talbot. Perhaps there doesn’t have to be. Anyone know ?

Re: A470 Speed Cameras

Someone told me that they won't become operational until October, although try not to put that to the test

unless the law has changed my understanding is that speed cameras have to be signposted as they are meant to act as deterrent rather than punishment
    Haven’t heard of anyone caught by these yet and like you say no signs so don’t think in operation yet
    Look as though they’ll be average ones as one at start and one at the end..
    Don’t think they’re on yet but everyone taking the 50 limit more seriously queue harsh braking

https://gov.wales/atisn13377

Sometime in September operational according to this.

You can still see the mini diggers and cable trunking without any cable on parts of the 470, so I'm guessing they're not up and running yet.

seems odd to spend money on this to comply with eu regs given brexit set to happen
    I can’t Imagine its just to make money?
    Ps remainer and local resident of the supposed poor air quality

Useful info. A lot of people are now adhering to the 50mph limit, but not all. They are not working yet as they don't flash, but one day they'll be switched on where we are least expecting it. At rush hour it's barely a crawl anyway.