+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Great ball by Paterson after they hit the bar, you guessed it, straight into touch

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Can't get behind Gavin Whyte at all. He lacks so much composure tbh
    Made one good block first half. Nothing else.

Offering nothing this second half once again away from home. Have to wonder what Warnock says to them.

Much better with NML and Hoilett in

Is hoilett fast? He made huddlestone look like usain bolt then

Patterson needs to be subbed, adding nothing at the moment

Off line

From having no scoring draws for what seems like 50 games weve now had 2 in a row.
    Not a bad result I guess

I would give Waghorn's dive for the last minute free kick a 9 out of 10. Outstanding!

A fair result though, and hopefully we are going in the right direction.

They should have had a penalty. Their goal should have been chalked off for handball. Derby got most of the 50:50 decisions and wrong calls, but nothing that really changed the outcome.

We are such an awful team to watch.
    We were never this bad two seasons ago.

Re: FT: DERBY COUNTY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Load of crap. Did well to hang on for a draw at a struggling side.

Not too much long ball tbf. A little blunt all the same. Glatzel header was decent chance. One or two other half chances but pretty ineffective. Derby looked a bit more energetic but didn’t appear to have enough to break through either. Predictable really considering how both teams have performed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Unfortunately he is not alone. We are clearly a very poor side and will do well to avoid getting in line a relegation fight this season.

If we appoint a decent manager 6-7 of these players will need to be replaced.

I am sure many will claim that an away point at Derby is very good but they are in a real mess at the moment and we’re clearly there for the taking. However, for most of the game we were clueless and cannot create anything from open play.

One good thing was Glatzelfinally getting off the mark. Yes, a penalty, but it may do his confidence a lot of good.
    Unfortunately, Harry Kane would struggle to score in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Absolutely awful tonight and not subbed, what does that say about our bench or the managers poor decision making. the latter me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    Absolutely awful tonight and not subbed, what does that say about our bench or the managers poor decision making. the latter me thinks.
    He should not make the starting eleven.
    Good trier but that is not enough on its own

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He should not make the starting eleven.
    Good trier but that is not enough on its own
    It was in the promotion year

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    It’s because he’s not being the battler upfront that he was

We are bang average

Painfully so

We have so little quality it's embarrassing. There's no way currently that we could have a period of sustained pressure. It's just whack it forward and hope it falls for us. And why on earth Whyte is playing ahead of any other winger on our books is beyond me. I've seen far worse city sides over the years but this one is up there currently in terms of despondency.

Such a middle of the road team. Zero ideas on the ball it's embarrassing

Awful team to watch.
    Feels like we’re back to the Slade days where if we score it’s by luck.

I concur with most on here. The team does not play any form of football I recognise. Two or three players in midfield who can retain possession and control the game would be a massive step forward for the club. It won't happen under the present manager but who knows what will happen next season......

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I concur with most on here. The team does not play any form of football I recognise. Two or three players in midfield who can retain possession and control the game would be a massive step forward for the club. It won't happen under the present manager but who knows what will happen next season......
    I think that the opinions expressed on here, after what those who did not see it would say was a very good away point at Derby, are significant. (If messageboards could ever be said to be significant!)

A player like Paterson disrupted some Premier League teams because they didn't know what to do with him. He had impact. In the cHampionship he has no impact. No first touch, little skill and no threat.

Warnock has lost Murphy and vice-versa.

Ralls is head and shoulders above any other player in terms of skill and vision, which speaks volumes.

I keep hoping to see a 2-seasons ago run, but I can't see it. We are at best mid-table. We need a change at the helm at some point soon. And I love and respect Warnock and what he has done for our club, but sometimes you just feel an era is drawing to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    We have so little quality it's embarrassing. There's no way currently that we could have a period of sustained pressure. It's just whack it forward and hope it falls for us. And why on earth Whyte is playing ahead of any other winger on our books is beyond me. I've seen far worse city sides over the years but this one is up there currently in terms of despondency.
    Given the number of consecutive starts Whyte has had this season, compared with the number of consecutive starts his wide players usually get (he tends to rotate them often), I would expect Whyte to be on a par with Messi or Ronaldo. He's not. He's 4th choice winger for me when everyone is performing.

A guest on this forum could be forgiven for thinking that this was the Derby site.

Get real. Lost one league game out of 6.
    A point away, even if it wasn't to a fancied Derby side who are bending the financial fair play rules to breaking point, is a decent point no matter how it was achieved even though we actually played some half decent stuff on the floor at times.

Our lack of possession, even though some pour cold water on it, must be very frustrating to our front players constantly chasing and making many unfruitful runs but to their credit, they were still battling and I haven't given up hope on Glatzel yet as some have.

It's clear to me that there are many on here are armchair experts who have played very little football in their lives and wouldn't know how to tackle a good dinner!
    Sometimes it ain't pretty you have to dog it out.
    Some would argue that is what we have been doing all season and have strong points but being realistic, most would have taken a point tonight before the game had started.

By the way, some seem to have forgotten we were awful to watch in our promotion season under M Mackay. Our 10 home wins were definitely not for the purist.

Up the City!!!