+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    at the very least the referendum should have been more well defined, 3 years on and still no one knows what leave actually means.

The whole thing was rushed to quieten lunatic Tory back benchers and steal the Ukip vote.
    Nobody knows what leave actually means, because, as I keep saying, there is no protocol or template for any member country to do so.
    The public were duped into believing we’d simply just leave, and that would be that.
    Personally, I still don’t believe a no deal brexit would be anywhere near as bad as is being made out.
    That said, I can understand the panic and worry that this whole shambles is causing.
    I’d say the best way forward now, would be for another delay, and an exit strategy drawn up, not by the UK, but by the EU, that is clear, precise, and transparent.
    It should then be put to the UK public to either vote for that, or vote for a no deal brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Nobody knows what leave actually means, because, as I keep saying, there is no protocol or template for any member country to do so.
    The public were duped into believing we’d simply just leave, and that would be that.
    Personally, I still don’t believe a no deal brexit would be anywhere near as bad as is being made out.
    That said, I can understand the panic and worry that this whole shambles is causing.
    I’d say the best way forward now, would be for another delay, and an exit strategy drawn up, not by the UK, but by the EU, that is clear, precise, and transparent.
    It should then be put to the UK public to either vote for that, or vote for a no deal brexit.
    Well, you've got it there. People were duped into believing it would be easy. Farage said we'd get a deal easy (Norway, Canada, our choice), Johnson said we'd save money and could spend it on the NHS, and he also said the Irish border would be unaffected by Brexit. We now know that these two, and many others involved in the campaign, stand to individually gain massive sums of money from Brexit (not to mention that Johnson got the premiership from it).

As you say, people were duped, and that actually makes it pretty hard from a democratic point of view to argue that the result from 2016 should stand without a followup. Democracy is all about the people making choices from information they have.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    People were duped into believing it would be easy.
    Ho, ho, ho, it's always everybody else who gets duped and never you, Mr Trump Russia Collusion man

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ho, ho, ho, it's always everybody else who gets duped and never you, Mr Trump Russia Collusion man
    I haven't really followed all the black ops and alt right propaganda on Mueller and Russia - certainly not made any claims on it - but is it your view (independently formed of course from the most reliable of objective sources) that Trump is innocent of not only collusion but also of obstruction of justice? I think I know the answer, but you know...... ho ho ho!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I haven't really followed all the black ops and alt right propaganda on Mueller and Russia - certainly not made any claims on it - but is it your view (independently formed of course from the most reliable of objective sources) that Trump is innocent of not only collusion but also of obstruction of justice? I think I know the answer, but you know...... ho ho ho!
    What's the answer?

What's the answer?
    I asked you a question. Why are you turning it back on me? If you don't know, or refuse to say, that is fine. You are entitled to either ignorance or evasion, and you have history.

I asked you a question. Why are you turning it back on me? If you don't know, or refuse to say, that is fine. You are entitled to either ignorance or evasion, and you have history.
    My answer is the total opposite of whatever lardy says. Even though we both have access to exactly the same sources of information, only one of us has been duped. It will be interesting to see who that person is. Maybe we will have to reappraise this new trend of putting people on ignore just because they have superior analysis skills?

What's the answer?

I'll answer that. You asked whether Trump is "innocent ", rather than whether he's guilty, and id honestly say that's a clue that maybe you've been - quite innocently - influenced a bit by biased sources.
    I'd say that he's certainly not guilty of either of the things you mention , but I couldn't say , and it's not reasonable to expect anyone to say or prove that he's "innocent".

The fact is that there's no evidence that he's guilty and just as we don't go around saying that you or anyone else committed a crime because they haven't proved their innocence of it, we can't reasonably assume the President's guilt just because no one has disproved an apparently malicious allegation by his political opponents.

I would say though, that if they've failed to discover enough evidence to proceed after the amount of time money and effort they've devoted to it, then it seems unlikely that it exists.

To whom it may concern

This thread is to do with Operation Yellowhammer not Donald Trump

If you want to argue about Trump

DO IT IN THE TRUMP THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gluey- an expert on the internal workings of the White House and 10 Downing Street, as well as their future plans

Also Gluey- doesn't realise that the duped sentence is a quote from someone else, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Gluey- an expert on the internal workings of the White House and 10 Downing Street, as well as their future plans
    I'm not an expert on anything written here, we both had access to exactactly the same sources of information. The only difference was the analysis techniques that were used to make sense of the information.

Even though I was a lone voice, and I had to withstand constant character assassinations and ridicule, I still stand by my observations. Luckily we are on a timeline, so we will be able to see who was doing things the right way.