+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And they are also being brought to heal, while US businesses move back to America. New supply chains are also under consideration. Without a trade reset, China post 2050 is a threat to America and the rest of the world. What the **** are you talking about?
    Everything I said is a fact. You can look it up. Everything you said is your opinion. And the opinion of an idiot is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It would be sadly ironic of all those oldies who voted to leave, and we do, then struggle to get their much needed meds and meet their maker so to speak.....I wonder which way they would vote now knowing how useless all the politicians we have in uk and Europe.
    The millennium bug didn’t happen because a lot of work and money was spent making sure it wouldn’t be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Everything I said is a fact. You can look it up. Everything you said is your opinion. And the opinion of an idiot is worthless.
    If we set up trade deals with very poor countries then they ill want something in return, usually something that we do well and could help develop their country, it could be university places etc. It's not going to be as simple as some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'd be much more concerned if a sitting government DIDN'T look into all possible scenarios (good, bad, or terrible) surrounding a possible Brexit. That's their job, isn't it? To NOT have prepared for any eventuality would be very irresponsible. The fact that they seem to have done so quite thoroughly is one of the few bits of good news to come out of the recent political bun-fight.
    Why haven’t they released the good scenarios then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    One of the main reasons we are in the position we find ourselves isbecause the elected representitives have completely let down the people, or more so those in working class areas. It's no surprise that the poorest areas predominantly voted out. I really don't like this notion that alot of people who voted leave did so because they are racist. Immigration was certainly a key factor but not because poor white people are racist. This situation has arisen because industrial commubities have been absolutely screwed by the politicians that were elected and the obliteration of their communities all of this is a consequence of the elite punishing the poor. The ironic thing is that people in the poorest areas of the UK where once there was thriving industry (all closed and sold in the name of progress) have intergrated with different cultures for centuries, they've had to. It's only when people become desperate and without hope that they blame the people who are most like them, albeit from a different country. The white working class aren't predominantly racist, just desperate.
    I agree with your post, but I would suggest one edit ... areas of the UK where once there was thriving industry (all closed and sold in the name of globalization).

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    The millennium bug didn’t happen because a lot of work and money was spent making sure it wouldn’t be a problem.
    The Government says that it is spending a lot of work and money making sure No Deal won't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I am commenting on US trade policy as it is happening right now, so I'm not sure where you are getting your ideas from. I listen to what Lighthizer, Ross, Kudlow, Navarro and Mnuchin have to say, and not some clueless prick on a message board

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    What did they say then o wise one??
    Given that you haven't bothered to seek their advice on such matters makes me wonder about your loyalties when learning information.

The Government says that it is spending a lot of work and money making sure No Deal won't be a problem
    Wouldn’t it be useful to have put that towards health care and education rather than towards a shit show entirely of our own making?

Tory bootlicker.

From someone who has slagged off Labour for overspending, do you not think that all the money spent on Brexit is a complete waste, or are you all for spending billions of tax payer money (sorry, hiking up the national debt to record levels and allowing my kids to pay for it while people like you have no obligation to pay for it) on ensuring the elite and establishment can carry on avoiding tax?

The true direction of the EU was planned a long time ago. We just get to see the incremental steps, as and when they are revealed.
    Why would you rather get into bed with the effing Yanks? I guess it's to sell off the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why would you rather get into bed with the effing Yanks? I guess it's to sell off the NHS.
    Because globalist conspiracy etc

Because they are permanently reshaping the global economy away from globalization, and it is already having a negative effect on countries such as China and Germany. Are you this clueless in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Because globalist conspiracy etc
    Unbelievable

I agree with your post, but I would suggest one edit ... areas of the UK where once there was thriving industry (all closed and sold in the name of globalization).
    And I would add “and neglected by successive governments of both political persuasions, brainwashed by the gingoistic British press who choose to blame the problems in such places on the EU, when in fact they stand to lose the EU money they currently receive and have been promised nothing by the UK Government to replace it!”
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 12-09-19 at 23:27. Reason: Typo

Given that you haven't bothered to seek their advice on such matters makes me wonder about your loyalties when learning information.
    For your edification young man

I have looked up what Diabetes UK have to say on the matter but wanted to know where they disagreed with what I said (that insulin can be stored in a fridge for a year and there was no excuse for any shortages. This latter point was actually aimed at the Govt incidentally.).

My wife has been an insulin dependant diabetic for over 20 years now.

I have probably been with her to see the consultant more times than many on here have had hot dinners.

Last year I was twice told (in June and then November) that due to the serious infections she had due on no small part to the problems caused by her diabetes that there was no point in resusitating her if her heart stopped. On the second occasion they did not think she would last the night.

I know where my loyalties lie thanks very much. And I know a fair amount about diabetes

My original post and others on this post were not meant to be political but you and some other posters seem as always to take them as such.

Oh and finally I have just checked my wifes insulin in the fridge and both types are to be used by the end of July 2021.

Or have the manufacturers got it wrong??????

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Wouldn’t it be useful to have put that towards health care and education rather than towards a shit show entirely of our own making?

Tory bootlicker.
    Note that my post was factual not political, so there was no need for your last sentence.

I am commenting on US trade policy as it is happening right now, so I'm not sure where you are getting your ideas from. I listen to what Lighthizer, Ross, Kudlow, Navarro and Mnuchin have to say, and not some clueless prick on a message board
    You are not. What you are doing is speculating on the outcome of US policy as you interpret it. US companies are NOT moving back to America and they never will. Companies have a responsibility to their shareholders, and moving jobs from countries that pay $1 an hour to one that pays $40 an hour is not an option. Companies moving out of China will simply stay elsewhere in the far east. You'd be a lot smarter of you did listen to the opinions of people on this messageboard instead of swallowing whole what people in the present administration feed you without even bothering to chew. OF COURSE Mnuchin et al are going to tell you that their policies are working. Do you actually expect them to tell you any different? You might be a bigger idiot than I thought.

Corbyn voted against joining the Common Market back in the 70s. He is not a Remainer, he is just trying to use the current political situation for his own benefit.
    So says the self confessed Guardian reader before he had his epiphany - if you are able to change your mind, why can't others?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I just like the quote.

Although I do actually agree with the point you are making. The UK government has hardly covered itself in glory in its... strategy for Brexit but the zeal with which the EU has attacked the notion of leaving rather highlights one of the reasons people actually wanted out in the first place. If the EU institutions really did consider national governments to be sovereign they have been pretty negligent in constructing the EU as it stands today, where extraction is impossible to navigate and very little assistance given (in fact the opposite).
    How have they made it hard to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So says the self confessed Guardian reader before he had his epiphany - if you are able to change your mind, why can't others?
    You really think Corbyn has changed his mind?

No they aren't, they know that is impossible.

His voting record suggests he has adjusted his position. What evidence is there to oppose that? Lots of people claiming to know what he is thinking in articles in newspapers that don't like him?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How have they made it hard to leave?
    I take it you’ve not read the opening post on this thread?

During the Referendum campaign, Corbyn replied seven when asked to grade how much of a remainer he was on a scale of one to ten. If his answer had been one or two lower than that, I think I would have believed him - he's not had a Gluey type road to Damascus conversion, but he's become more pragmatic about things, probably to the detriment of his party at the ballot box.