+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What percentage of the GDP of the EU do those two firms make up?

German car firms were meant to swing it in our favour the day after the vote and we are still waiting for that to happen.
    Also ignoring the fact that a lot of these pharmaceutical companies also had to move from the UK which resulted in job losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How do you do that?
    I did it a few weeks ago and the board is immeasurably better

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Presumably the vast majority on here will vote for Jeremy Corbyn. After all that is how their parents voted so they will blindly follow suit as do many in the country. Lets examine Labour's stance:

Corbyn first said he would honour the referendum in his manifesto; then he stated he would seek a new deal and put it to the people in a second referendum; then Labour state they will campaign for a General Election after which they will negotiate a better deal if elected and then vote against their own deal in a second referendum. Then yesterday Tom Watson's priority is to get a second referendum before an Election. How Labour propose selling this jumbled mess to the public on the doorstep is beyond comprehension. On the other hand we have the Liberals who will campaign to Remain while calling for a second Referendum the result of which they will ignore if they get into power if the voters vote again to leave. It's a clear message but equally daft as Labour's policy. Meanwhile Johnson is doing all he can to leave with no deal while pretending to negotiate revised and better deal with the EU. All this says to me is that all political parties are as bad as each other and are all playing political games to suit their purposes prior to an inevitable election.

As for Yellowhammer that is supposedly the worst case scenario to enable civil servants to concentrate on the areas of most importance if there is no deal. Many of the commentators have accepted hook line and sinker that Yellowhammer is a document of fact when clearly it is not. It's a planning document to deal with the issues raised. Some of the comments on here are bordering on the hysterical which is understandable as the politicians are ramping up project fear to appeal to prospective voters in the next Election.
    I find the fact Labour haven't dumped Corbyn, regrouped and used this an opportunity to regain power and sort this shit out VERY depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    If you don’t have ronniebird and walesbales on ignore you should. Makes every thread much more bareable if you ignore him and the complete bollocks he posts.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I voted for no deal if you want to put it that way, and I'm not a liar.
    Any deal or otherwise was a thing which would obviously follow Brexit ,but it was not on the ballot paper and it wasn't an issue.

It's still not, except as another trick by the elite minority to stop Brexit.

It's about national sovereignty and history, including the wartime sacrifices which you make fun of there. However, the whole EU project is faulted for many reasons and the British public have voted to leave it, so in the end democracy will prevail.
    So, given that we have never lost national sovereignty, you still haven't given that one upside of Brexit.
    I would love to hear just one tangible benefit of Brexit, it doesn't have to be no-deal Brexit, it doesn't even have to offset all the negatives of Brexit, just one little positive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think you’ll find that many “substantial points” have been made by Remainers, but Leavers choose to plug their ears, like my 6 year old son.
    It is you, who has made no attempt at using any facts - only a load of claptrap about the war, which I doubt you’re old enough to have personally experienced.
    Using the war as an example overlooks several flaws, namely that we didn’t choose to go to war (it was a reaction to the threat from Nazi Germany) and we didn’t win it ourselves - in fact we got our arses handed to us in the events leading up to Dunkirk (due to ill preparedness- sound familiar?) and were weeks away from defeat in the Battle of Britain before Hitler decided to invade Russia. We had to rely on being part of a larger group in order to prevail in the end.
    I find it distasteful for Leavers (or Moggluddites, as I call them - you’re welcome) to keep banging on about the war and Churchill.
    It's very convenient (and ironic) that these people forget that Churchill would have been completely ****ed without the Americans and the Russians.

Shout out to France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc too. WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I find the fact Labour haven't dumped Corbyn, regrouped and used this an opportunity to regain power and sort this shit out VERY depressing.
    Anyone trying to regroup and sort themselves out during the utter clusterf*ck that is Brexit is fooling themselves. A lot of Labour voters voted for Brexit, for starters. They can't win an election without their votes.

Brexit has blown our political system to smithereens, and for starters, Corbyn is asking for his deal vs remaining in a referendum. It's a softish Brexit vs Remain. A sensible idea that avoids no deal and also safeguards the UK but also honours the referendum. They can't turn round to people and say your vote doesn't matter. They can say, right, this is what we believe Brexit to be, it's this or the status quo. Cameron should have done this, instead that pig enthusiast ran off with this stupid, idiotic referendum failed which he only ran because of his political ambition.

For Vindec, Yellowhammer is the base scenario. They've changed it to worst case so people don't lose their minds. Journalists and Civil Servants have confirmed this, as well as Gove.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    If no deal happens this isn’t project fear this is reality mate.

We are Britain and the actual case is people who rely on certain drugs will die because we can’t get them.

The U.K. imports 99.7% of its insulin. If you are happy for people who have something simple like diabetes to die fair enough.

But I hope you can tell me something positive that will come from this to offset people literally dying?
    Insulin can be stored for a year.

There would be no excuse at all for there to be a shortage of insulin.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    So, given that we have never lost national sovereignty, you still haven't given that one upside of Brexit.
    I would love to hear just one tangible benefit of Brexit, it doesn't have to be no-deal Brexit, it doesn't even have to offset all the negatives of Brexit, just one little positive.
    We might get stamps in our passports when we go to the continent again, which always looks cool.

It's very convenient (and ironic) that these people forget that Churchill would have been completely ****ed without the Americans and the Russians.

Shout out to France, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc too. WHAT?
    ... and Churchill was proposing a union with France.

We might get stamps in our blue passports when we go to the continent again, which always looks cool.
    Thanks Nick, I have corrected it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Insulin can be store for a year.

There would be no excuse at all for there to be a shortage of insulin.
    Where are the U.K. getting a years worth of insulin to store for everyone that needs it?

Even the companies that manufacture only have 16 weeks worth stored -

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2019/sep/16-weeks-of-insulin-stockpiled-in-brexit-contingency-plans-93674148.html

Tory bootlicker looking for any excuse to continue to vote for them as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Thanks Nick, I have corrected it for you.
    We didn't even need to leave to get blue passports, Croatia have different colour passports already

And our blue ones are being made in France...

I'm a massive remainer but Britain fought alone for a long time. They were helped by the US and Dunkirk was a miracle.

We might get stamps in our passports when we go to the continent again, which always looks cool.
    Queueing in the non EU passport control line won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've had Bales on ignore for over a year. It was a swift improvement. I'll do Ronnie soon.

It's quite amusing that someone spends so much time on here posting not realising that many people don't even see them.....

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Non-political point here: I renewed my E111 card this week (not having realised that it had expired a couple of years ago) as I'm off on a jaunt tomorrow - and I was informed that there has been no arrangement set up yet that would make them valid beyond Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm a massive remainer but Britain fought alone for a long time. They were helped by the US and Dunkirk was a miracle.
    How'd we do?

How'd we do?
    We didn't lose, didn't get invaded, and then Hitler beat himself in Russia.

We didn't lose, didn't get invaded, and then Hitler beat himself in Russia.
    That's self-flagellation for you....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think you’ll find that many “substantial points” have been made by Remainers, but Leavers choose to plug their ears, like my 6 year old son.
    It is you, who has made no attempt at using any facts - only a load of claptrap about the war, which I doubt you’re old enough to have personally experienced.
    Using the war as an example overlooks several flaws, namely that we didn’t choose to go to war (it was a reaction to the threat from Nazi Germany) and we didn’t win it ourselves - in fact we got our arses handed to us in the events leading up to Dunkirk (due to ill preparedness- sound familiar?) and were weeks away from defeat in the Battle of Britain before Hitler decided to invade Russia. We had to rely on being part of a larger group in order to prevail in the end.
    I find it distasteful for Leavers (or Moggluddites, as I call them - you’re welcome) to keep banging on about the war and Churchill.
    Although the over 65s are majority Leave supporters, the older people in that group - who lived through the Second World War - are majority Remainers. They view the EU as a political project in part to prevent future European wars, and so a good thing.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandp...er-65s-brexit/

The Tory Brexiteers who equate Brexit with fighting Nazi Germany insult that generation with every breath.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...brexit-to-wwii

British casualties make up something like 1.5% of the total war.

British casualties make up something like 1.5% of the total war.
    The casualties in the West compared to the East is staggering. Russia and China lost 20m people each.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    You are focusing on the negatives. The request was for positives so I've given one. I used to live on the Germany/Czech border and took a train that crossed it to get to the big nearby supermarket. Every time, without fail, I'd get a little stamp with a train in the border when I crossed from Germany into the Czech Republic (this is pre-expansion of the EU). If we got a taxi, the stamp would have a car in the border. Imagine the fun you'll get from having a stamp with a plane; boat; train or car in it every time you go to France? Impossible to put a price on something like that. I cannot wait.