+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I just like the quote.

Although I do actually agree with the point you are making. The UK government has hardly covered itself in glory in its... strategy for Brexit but the zeal with which the EU has attacked the notion of leaving rather highlights one of the reasons people actually wanted out in the first place. If the EU institutions really did consider national governments to be sovereign they have been pretty negligent in constructing the EU as it stands today, where extraction is impossible to navigate and very little assistance given (in fact the opposite).
    Can you give examples of this zeal? In my view the EU have been very prosaic and consistent in their position

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Because they are permanently reshaping the global economy away from globalization, and it is already having a negative effect on countries such as China and Germany. Are you this clueless in real life?
    So I can put you down as someone who believes want Trump says, will happily trade our free health care and wants to turn us into a county like America where those at the bottom are treated like shit and racism is far more rife.

You call me clueless?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I take it you’ve not read the opening post on this thread?
    It's interesting that the biggest difficulties in reversing out of the EU highlighted in Yellowhammer are around the functioning of a modern economy given the level of integration in the single market. The drive to complete the creation of the single market, which had effectively stalled in the 1980's was very much the brainchild of Margaret Thatcher. This has fused our economy and harmonised our rules and processes in a way that few would have thought possible beforehand.

Extricating ourselves from the single market (not necessary to honour the referendum result to leave the EU but one of our red lines) makes it hard to leave but this is a consequence of our choice not the EU's. Ironic that potentially the UK's greatest contribution to shaping the EU as it looks today is the biggest stumbling block to a painless extraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    His voting record suggests he has adjusted his position. What evidence is there to oppose that? Lots of people claiming to know what he is thinking in articles in newspapers that don't like him?
    Put it this way.

I believe Corbyn as much as I do Boris

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I take it you’ve not read the opening post on this thread?
    Why are you blaming the EU for no deal? That's what the document is about (not simply brexit). It's the UK that voted multiple times against a deal (technically against a withdrawal agreement, but that's the first step to a deal).

The EU have always said they wanted a deal. The UK have said "no deal is better than a bad deal". So who's most at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Put it this way.

Corbyn has stood up for what he believes in. Boris is a charlatan who has got by on bluster, lies, laziness, arrogance while being a racist, homophobic, xenophobe. But yes, they're equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Corbyn has stood up for what he believes in. Boris is a charlatan who has got by on bluster, lies, laziness, arrogance while being a racist, homophobic, xenophobe. But yes, they're equally bad.
    Corbyn knows as much about what he wants regarding brexit as I know what it feels like to have Margot Robbie riding me.

Note that my post was factual not political, so there was no need for your last sentence.
    I'd say his post was factual as well tbh

Put it this way.

****ing hell

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Corbyn knows as much about what he wants regarding brexit as I know what it feels like to have Margot Robbie riding me.
    Corbyn in an ideal world would want a left leaning Brexit. He can't get it. The original Labour party in 1970 were opposed to joining the common market.

He would then prefer a deal. However, he knows any deal he proposes would be unpopular with the masses, so he'd put it against remain in a referendum.

Corbyn has a plan on Brexit, which is very simple. It's more remain than the Lib Dems, who have proposed a no deal v remain ref. I am not a Corbyn fan but at least he's got a plan, while Boris is hurtling towards no deal while Raab and Co quickly Google how important Dover to Calais is. To equate the two men is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'd say his post was factual as well tbh
    Possibly apart from the last sentence..

Put it this way.

That's incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That's incredible!
    Why??

Why??
    Boris' entire life story is one big lie after another. The only time he doesn't lie is when he's being racist or homophobic.

Why??
    Tell me some of JC's lies. I think we could fill a page with Boris's

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Boris' entire life story is one big lie after another. The only time he doesn't lie is when he's being racist or homophobic.
    Or having the police called on him for screaming at his Mrs.

I'm still waiting to hear how many people Wales-Bales is willing to let die to come out of Europe

No, that was the fault of his remainer neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    One of the main reasons we are in the position we find ourselves isbecause the elected representitives have completely let down the people, or more so those in working class areas. It's no surprise that the poorest areas predominantly voted out. I really don't like this notion that alot of people who voted leave did so because they are racist. Immigration was certainly a key factor but not because poor white people are racist. This situation has arisen because industrial commubities have been absolutely screwed by the politicians that were elected and the obliteration of their communities all of this is a consequence of the elite punishing the poor. The ironic thing is that people in the poorest areas of the UK where once there was thriving industry (all closed and sold in the name of progress) have intergrated with different cultures for centuries, they've had to. It's only when people become desperate and without hope that they blame the people who are most like them, albeit from a different country. The white working class aren't predominantly racist, just desperate.
    This

Or taking tea with convicted members of the IRA in the House of Commons less than 2 weeks after the Brighton bombings.

Oh hang on that wasn't Boris was it???

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    This
    I agree and these poeple were promised the moon and are going to get a brexit with nothing they were promised. They are going to end up worse off.

Or taking tea with convicted members of the IRA in the House of Commons less than 2 weeks after the Brighton bombings.

Oh hang on that wasn't Boris was it???
    https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...rthern-ireland

That was not true though?

Anyway I thought we were talking about lying? Why are you moving the goalposts?

I don't want to derail the thread with talk of the troubles but it's one of my favourite subjects to read about and I think as a whole we are undereducated on it and take too much of a black and white view of the whole thing.

Whatever your opinion of Corbyn his nuanced view on the troubles is better than taking a black and white one and he was a big part in the peace process in Northern Ireland.

He supported the end of British Rule in Ulster but what's wrong with that? Unless you are of the opinion that Britain are the good guys in every situation I think it's a situation that needs a lot more thought than "talking to the other side is bad"

Tell me some of JC's lies. I think we could fill a page with Boris's
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    I didn't meet the IRA
    We want an election!
    We want an election!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-chaos.html

Guy is as dangerous as any of them, if labour mps were happy with their leader and genuinely thought they could win, they would have taken the opportunity to get rid of Boris.

Jc just invites the lads around to see his naked Mrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    We want an election!
    I didn't meet the IRA
    We want an election!
    We want an election!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-chaos.html

Guy is as dangerous as any of them, if labour mps were happy with their leader and genuinely thought they could win, they would have taken the opportunity to get rid of Boris.
    They do want an election though. The reason they don't want to call one is that would mean a no deal will definitely happen. This is so obvious it shouldn't even need to be said at this point.

People need to diversify the news they consume, we are all consuming too much propaganda produced by Rupert Murdoch and his ilk.