Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
As for Yellowhammer that is supposedly the worst case scenario to enable civil servants to concentrate on the areas of most importance if there is no deal.
As a point of interest, I'm a civil servant with responsibility for helping to shape policy in several areas of the industry I serve. Brexit (either with a deal or without one) will have an enormous and very direct impact on tens of thousands of British citizens who are employed in my industry.

Do you know how much guidance me and my department have had from the government and the senior civil service in relation to Brexit so far? No? Well, I'll tell you - none. Nothing at all. Absolute zero.

Tens of thousands of British workers in my industry will be directly affected from 1st November onwards should the UK crash out of the EU on 31st October with no deal, and yet there's currently absolutely nothing I can tell them as regards how they are going to be treated or what they need to do in a month and a half's time.

That's not Project Fear. That's Project Reality under the current government. It's a complete shambles.