+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As for Yellowhammer that is supposedly the worst case scenario to enable civil servants to concentrate on the areas of most importance if there is no deal.
    As a point of interest, I'm a civil servant with responsibility for helping to shape policy in several areas of the industry I serve. Brexit (either with a deal or without one) will have an enormous and very direct impact on tens of thousands of British citizens who are employed in my industry.

Do you know how much guidance me and my department have had from the government and the senior civil service in relation to Brexit so far? No? Well, I'll tell you - none. Nothing at all. Absolute zero.

Tens of thousands of British workers in my industry will be directly affected from 1st November onwards should the UK crash out of the EU on 31st October with no deal, and yet there's currently absolutely nothing I can tell them as regards how they are going to be treated or what they need to do in a month and a half's time.

That's not Project Fear. That's Project Reality under the current government. It's a complete shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I voted for no deal if you want to put it that way, and I'm not a liar.
    You did nothing of the sort. It wasn't an option on the ballot paper.

Any deal or otherwise was a thing which would obviously follow Brexit ,but it was not on the ballot paper and it wasn't an issue.

It's still not, except as another trick by the elite minority to stop Brexit.

It's about national sovereignty and history, including the wartime sacrifices which you make fun of there. However, the whole EU project is faulted for many reasons and the British public have voted to leave it, so in the end democracy will prevail.
    ‘Elite minority’ whilst Johnson, Cummings, Rees Mogg are all man of the people.

When I hear the phrase ‘elite’ being passed around I know there is no more logical argument left.

Elite minority ffs, Dominic Cummings's wife's family own a ****ing castle.

No Deal brexit is what the elites want, anyone saying otherwise has bought into the propaganda.

Any deal or otherwise was a thing which would obviously follow Brexit ,but it was not on the ballot paper and it wasn't an issue.

It's about national sovereignty and history, including the wartime sacrifices which you make fun of there. However, the whole EU project is faulted for many reasons and the British public have voted to leave it, so in the end democracy will prevail.
    This couldn't be more wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You did nothing of the sort. It wasn't an option on the ballot paper.
    If you don’t have ronniebird and walesbales on ignore you should. Makes every thread much more bareable if you ignore him and the complete bollocks he posts.

You didn't vote for no deal. The leave campaigns were other based on us getting a nice deal with no trouble (Norway, Canada, we had many to choose from).

Anyone who says "I'm not a liar" is a liar, I'm afraid.

Funny what you get looking through people's post histories too;

Here is Wales-bales calling corby a brexiteer - http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...age2&styleid=2

Here he is saying we need access to the single market - http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...l-Brexit/page3

I don't get why people lie on here about things, we can all see every post ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Funny what you get looking through people's post histories too;

Here is Wales-bales calling corby a brexiteer - http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...age2&styleid=2

Here he is saying we need access to the single market - http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...l-Brexit/page3

I don't get why people lie on here about things, we can all see every post ever made.
    Shows what a cult it is. So called “free thinker of ccmb” tying himself in knots to show this is what he always wanted.

Even if only one of those things happen it shows what a disaster this has been.

Still waiting for one positive reason for the country too.

The closest we've had is William Treseder saying the EU are corrupt. Doesn't seem to mind our own Government being corrupt though.

Load of old desperate bollocks by the remain faction. Not a single substantial point

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    If no deal happens this isn’t project fear this is reality mate.

We are Britain and the actual case is people who rely on certain drugs will die because we can’t get them.

The U.K. imports 99.7% of its insulin. If you are happy for people who have something simple like diabetes to die fair enough.

But I hope you can tell me something positive that will come from this to offset people literally dying?
    ..............and you think the Danish pharmaceuticals firm Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi, based in France, will allow themselves to go to the wall because they cannot export to the UK. WE buy..... they sell.....stop scaremongering.

Load of old desperate bollocks by the remain faction. Not a single substantial point
    Why don't you log back in as Wales-Bales and answer my question earlier eh

If you don’t have ronniebird and walesbales on ignore you should. Makes every thread much more bareable if you ignore him and the complete bollocks he posts.
    How do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ..............and you think the Danish pharmaceuticals firm Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi, based in France, will allow themselves to go to the wall because they cannot export to the UK. WE buy..... they sell.....stop scaremongering.
    I'm not scaremongering mate it's facts. There's no want about it, you can't trade without a deal no matter how much they want to.

Also do you know what percentage of business the UK makes up of thesepharmaceuticals? Have a look in the yellowhammer document about the effect on the EU.

They’ve got 27 other countries without a trade barrier to sell drugs to mate and countless others with trade deals.

The U.K. makes up a percentage of their business and is the one suffering here.

Nobody denies that EU exporters won't be too happy about it but:

1) it doesn't mean they cannot export - it's a matter of timing and delays as much as anything else. But those delays can literally kill the people waiting
    2) even if they couldn't export to the UK (which they can), it doesn't mean they would go bust
    3) regardless of their commercial interests, they are not actually in charge of the EU's policy on Brexit so the fact that they won't like it doesn't actually mean it won't happen.

I genuinely think that people are underestimating the scale of disruption that this is going to cause to supply chains.

EDIT: just realised you might be thinking of the ban in teh other direction i.e. on exports from the UK. I think that is a possibility in an attempt to maintain medicine levels in the UK because of problems with imports and because the pound would likely crash, incentivising export.

Why have a lot of the UK's pharmaceutical companies relocated to the EU if it's going to be so bad for them?

I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How do you do that?
    Go to his profile(s) and choose the fourth option down regarding ignoring the poster(s) concerned.

Now, if you'd have said " Load of old desperate codgers in the Leave faction. Not a genuine no deal voter among them", i would have agreed with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Go to his profile(s) and choose the fourth option down regarding ignoring the poster(s) concerned.
    thanks - I was not logged in for some reason. Done.

I think you’ll find that many “substantial points” have been made by Remainers, but Leavers choose to plug their ears, like my 6 year old son.
    It is you, who has made no attempt at using any facts - only a load of claptrap about the war, which I doubt you’re old enough to have personally experienced.
    Using the war as an example overlooks several flaws, namely that we didn’t choose to go to war (it was a reaction to the threat from Nazi Germany) and we didn’t win it ourselves - in fact we got our arses handed to us in the events leading up to Dunkirk (due to ill preparedness- sound familiar?) and were weeks away from defeat in the Battle of Britain before Hitler decided to invade Russia. We had to rely on being part of a larger group in order to prevail in the end.
    I find it distasteful for Leavers (or Moggluddites, as I call them - you’re welcome) to keep banging on about the war and Churchill.
    Last edited by The Hooded Claw; 12-09-19 at 12:23. Reason: Typo

What percentage of the combined GDP of the EU do those two firms make up and why do you think they have so much say?

German car firms were meant to swing it in our favour the day after the vote and we are still waiting for that to happen.