+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Should have added that this thread should be moved to the Politics forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Should have added that this thread should be moved to the Politics forum.
    Better that it doesn't IMO. It's always the death of a thread when it's moved. There's a much wider range of contributors here.

I'll tell you who is laughing at the moment, those preppers and their collection of every tinned food imaginable.

Not worried by lack of fuel, with all the riots who would want to be driving around in a reasonably priced family car anyway.

May as well head to the Winchester and wait for it all to blow over.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    They get to see what a wonderful nation “we” are. “We” invented the telephone after all “we” can definitely get through this
    I'll remember that when I hear of the first Brexit death. I'll remember that when a friend of mine loses his or her job thanks to Brexit. Those comforting words will mean a lot, I'm sure.

Here are some highlights of yellowhammer, and let's remember this is the base case for a no deal brexit:

Thyroxine is needed by 1 in 20 people in the UK to stay alive to cope with their autoimmune condition, the large majority of this is manufactured in the EU.

HGV traffic will reduce to 40-60% of currentlevels, HGVs could face delays of 2 days. Could take 3 months to get back to even 50-50 levels.

Significant price increase of electricity for domestic and commercial users

Cannot stockpile insulin so their will be a massive shortage

Domestic food supply will be at risk of an outbreak of disease as we cannot buy the chemicals we need to keep it disease free

Fresh food shortages, non fresh food could be ok but availability on the shelf will be reduced (even without panic buying)

Chemical supply chain could break down and fresh water supply could be affected (luckily this one is unlikely)

Gibralter is ****ed (paraphrased)

Significant ammounts of police resource will be taken up with protests and counter protests, lucky out police force is well staffed!

Fuel shortages

Low income groups will not be able to afford food and fuel

Checks to be implemented on Northern Irish border

Northern Irish buisnesses will stop trading

Social care providers likely to go bust over time
    Anyone calling this project fear has to remember this was prepared by the party who want brexit at all costs and these are just a handful of the negatives I've pulled out.

I've not seen one positive yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't know how anyone can actually read it and say no cause for panic. Either he hasn't read it or he can't comprehend how bad it will be.

One of the lines in there says "Low income families will be disproportionally affected by food price rises".

Yet again the poorest members of society are going to be ****ed by the richest. A lot of people who use this board will be affected by that too. No deal brexit is a disgrace.
    Low income groups are disproportionately affected by any change to the price of food and fuel and well everything.

They are already disproportionately affected almost daily by one thing or another, most people are too busy to notice or care most days though until it's mentioned with regards to brexit.

That line doesn't mean they are going to starve to death after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Low income groups are disproportionately affected by any change to the price of food and fuel and well everything.

They are already disproportionately affected almost daily by one thing or another, most people are too busy to notice or care most days though until it's mentioned with regards to brexit.

That line doesn't mean they are going to starve to death after a week.
    Ok well No Deal brexit sounds a good idea then, thanks for clearing it up.

Presumably the vast majority on here will vote for Jeremy Corbyn. After all that is how their parents voted so they will blindly follow suit as do many in the country. Lets examine Labour's stance:

Corbyn first said he would honour the referendum in his manifesto; then he stated he would seek a new deal and put it to the people in a second referendum; then Labour state they will campaign for a General Election after which they will negotiate a better deal if elected and then vote against their own deal in a second referendum. Then yesterday Tom Watson's priority is to get a second referendum before an Election. How Labour propose selling this jumbled mess to the public on the doorstep is beyond comprehension. On the other hand we have the Liberals who will campaign to Remain while calling for a second Referendum the result of which they will ignore if they get into power if the voters vote again to leave. It's a clear message but equally daft as Labour's policy. Meanwhile Johnson is doing all he can to leave with no deal while pretending to negotiate revised and better deal with the EU. All this says to me is that all political parties are as bad as each other and are all playing political games to suit their purposes prior to an inevitable election.

As for Yellowhammer that is supposedly the worst case scenario to enable civil servants to concentrate on the areas of most importance if there is no deal. Many of the commentators have accepted hook line and sinker that Yellowhammer is a document of fact when clearly it is not. It's a planning document to deal with the issues raised. Some of the comments on here are bordering on the hysterical which is understandable as the politicians are ramping up project fear to appeal to prospective voters in the next Election.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    As for Yellowhammer that is supposedly the worst case scenario to enable civil servants to concentrate on the areas of most importance if there is no deal. Many of the commentators have accepted hook line and sinker that Yellowhammer is a document of fact when clearly it is not. It's a planning document to deal with the issues raised. Some of the comments on here are bordering on the hysterical which is understandable as the politicians are ramping up project fear to appeal to prospective voters in the next Election.
    I don't see what Jeremy Corbyn has to do with this? I wouldn't vote for Labour at all because their view on Brexit has never been clear enough for me.

Labour want a general election. Labour do not want no deal which is why they won't agree to an election because then no deal will become the default on Oct 31st.

And if you believe this is the worst case scenario you haven't paid enough attention. This is the base case and a redacted one at that.

Why do you want a no deal brexit? What do you think the benefits of it are?

As for Yellowhammer that is supposedly the worst case scenario to enable civil servants to concentrate on the areas of most importance if there is no deal.
    As a point of interest, I'm a civil servant with responsibility for helping to shape policy in several areas of the industry I serve. Brexit (either with a deal or without one) will have an enormous and very direct impact on tens of thousands of British citizens who are employed in my industry.

Do you know how much guidance me and my department have had from the government and the senior civil service in relation to Brexit so far? No? Well, I'll tell you - none. Nothing at all. Absolute zero.

Tens of thousands of British workers in my industry will be directly affected from 1st November onwards should the UK crash out of the EU on 31st October with no deal, and yet there's currently absolutely nothing I can tell them as regards how they are going to be treated or what they need to do in a month and a half's time.

That's not Project Fear. That's Project Reality under the current government. It's a complete shambles.

Presumably the vast majority on here will vote for Jeremy Corbyn. After all that is how their parents voted so they will blindly follow suit as do many in the country. Lets examine Labour's stance:

Corbyn first said he would honour the referendum in his manifesto; then he stated he would seek a new deal and put it to the people in a second referendum; then Labour state they will campaign for a General Election after which they will negotiate a better deal if elected and then vote against their own deal in a second referendum. Then yesterday Tom Watson's priority is to get a second referendum before an Election. How Labour propose selling this jumbled mess to the public on the doorstep is beyond comprehension. On the other hand we have the Liberals who will campaign to Remain while calling for a second Referendum the result of which they will ignore if they get into power if the voters vote again to leave. It's a clear message but equally daft as Labour's policy. Meanwhile Johnson is doing all he can to leave with no deal while pretending to negotiate revised and better deal with the EU. All this says to me is that all political parties are as bad as each other and are all playing political games to suit their purposes prior to an inevitable election.

I find the fact Labour haven't dumped Corbyn, regrouped and used this an opportunity to regain power and sort this shit out VERY depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I find the fact Labour haven't dumped Corbyn, regrouped and used this an opportunity to regain power and sort this shit out VERY depressing.
    Anyone trying to regroup and sort themselves out during the utter clusterf*ck that is Brexit is fooling themselves. A lot of Labour voters voted for Brexit, for starters. They can't win an election without their votes.

Brexit has blown our political system to smithereens, and for starters, Corbyn is asking for his deal vs remaining in a referendum. It's a softish Brexit vs Remain. A sensible idea that avoids no deal and also safeguards the UK but also honours the referendum. They can't turn round to people and say your vote doesn't matter. They can say, right, this is what we believe Brexit to be, it's this or the status quo. Cameron should have done this, instead that pig enthusiast ran off with this stupid, idiotic referendum failed which he only ran because of his political ambition.

For Vindec, Yellowhammer is the base scenario. They've changed it to worst case so people don't lose their minds. Journalists and Civil Servants have confirmed this, as well as Gove.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't see what Jeremy Corbyn has to do with this? I wouldn't vote for Labour at all because their view on Brexit has never been clear enough for me.

Labour want a general election. Labour do not want no deal which is why they won't agree to an election because then no deal will become the default on Oct 31st.

And if you believe this is the worst case scenario you haven't paid enough attention. This is the base case and a redacted one at that.

Why do you want a no deal brexit? What do you think the benefits of it are?
    I suggest you pay attention. Where does the document state it is a base case? The document is headed "HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions".

Where did I say I wanted a no deal Brexit?

I suggest you pay attention. Where does the document state it is a base case? The document is headed "HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions".

It was in August 2019 that the Sunday Times*published a full exposé*of the contents of the dossier including warnings about surging food prices and shortage of fuel and medical supplies. The document has been edited since the Sunday Times leak to say “worst case planning assumptions” where previously it said “base scenario”.

https://www.ft.com/content/dc8053e4-...d-ab8ec6435630

It is the base case. It’s the same one that was leaked 3 months ago.

Listen to anyone in the know, yellowhammer is the base case. Black Swan is the worst case, no one has seen this yet.

Here is is being reported in the pro Brexit newspaper The Times - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/this-is-not-project-fear-its-what-we-face-after-no-deal-brexit-3p2cdq9zd

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I voted for no deal if you want to put it that way, and I'm not a liar.
    Any deal or otherwise was a thing which would obviously follow Brexit ,but it was not on the ballot paper and it wasn't an issue.

It's still not, except as another trick by the elite minority to stop Brexit.

It's about national sovereignty and history, including the wartime sacrifices which you make fun of there. However, the whole EU project is faulted for many reasons and the British public have voted to leave it, so in the end democracy will prevail.
    ‘Elite minority’ whilst Johnson, Cummings, Rees Mogg are all man of the people.

When I hear the phrase ‘elite’ being passed around I know there is no more logical argument left.

Elite minority ffs, Dominic Cummings's wife's family own a ****ing castle.

No Deal brexit is what the elites want, anyone saying otherwise has bought into the propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You did nothing of the sort. It wasn't an option on the ballot paper.
    If you don’t have ronniebird and walesbales on ignore you should. Makes every thread much more bareable if you ignore him and the complete bollocks he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    If you don’t have ronniebird and walesbales on ignore you should. Makes every thread much more bareable if you ignore him and the complete bollocks he posts.
    How do you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How do you do that?
    Go to his profile(s) and choose the fourth option down regarding ignoring the poster(s) concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Go to his profile(s) and choose the fourth option down regarding ignoring the poster(s) concerned.
    thanks - I was not logged in for some reason. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How do you do that?
    I did it a few weeks ago and the board is immeasurably better

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've had Bales on ignore for over a year. It was a swift improvement. I'll do Ronnie soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've had Bales on ignore for over a year. It was a swift improvement. I'll do Ronnie soon.
    It was only because I kept on pointing out your continual stream of BS. Trump Russia Collusion my arse

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's quite amusing that someone spends so much time on here posting not realising that many people don't even see them.....