+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I used to think that too. Cameron tried but he didn't get very far!
    He didn’t really try though did he?
    I think there will be more incentive for change now though, if we stay the likes of Fartage will still push for Brexit and there will be a larger call for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    He didn’t really try though did he?
    I think there will be more incentive for change now though, if we stay the likes of Fartage will still push for Brexit and there will be a larger call for it.
    The EU will never ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Funny how Diabetes UK disagrees with you. I think I know who I would trust with information on this.
    What did they say then o wise one??

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are you suggesting stockpiling insulin?

I thought stockpiling food and medication was just Project Fear?

Interesting one, you are 🤔
    Why am I interesting. My name isn't Steve Davies!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Why am I interesting. My name isn't Steve Davies!
    Denouncing the fears of a no-deal Brexit whilst simultaneously reinforcing them.

It's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Although the over 65s are majority Leave supporters, the older people in that group - who lived through the Second World War - are majority Remainers. They view the EU as a political project in part to prevent future European wars, and so a good thing.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandp...er-65s-brexit/

The Tory Brexiteers who equate Brexit with fighting Nazi Germany insult that generation with every breath.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...brexit-to-wwii
    The LSE and the Guardian are globalist central. If you want to learn about the EU I'm affraid you will have to look elsewhere, because all you are doing now is reinforcing your own confirmation biases.

What do people think should be in this report interests me , im sure if it was flimsy or less dramatic that would be wrong .

I would have saved thousands of pounds ,and just said this will be will be very painful , so agree a deal rather than findingnany means to block everything in its path.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Denouncing the fears of a no-deal Brexit whilst simultaneously reinforcing them.

It's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off.
    So the government can't win in some peoples eyes.

If they stockpile they will be proving there is something to worry about.

If they are not they are being careless with peoples lives!!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    So the government can't win in some peoples eyes.

If they stockpile they will be proving there is something to worry about.

If they are not they are being careless with peoples lives!!
    Sorry for any confusion, but I wasn't referring to the government in either of my posts. To clarify, I was referring to you suggesting the stockpiling of medication in the first post - which we know has been tarnished as 'Project Fear' by the pro-Brexit lot (of which you are one).

The second post was responding to you asking why I thought that you were "interesting". Once again, it's because you're suggesting stockpiling medication is a reasonable measure to take despite everyone with something to say, who voted to leave, will shoot down any suggestion that stockpiling food or medication will be a reality.

I'm not sure that you can have it both ways.

It's a simple choice really. The globalist EU are aligned with Communist China, and as a free-trade nation we should allign ourselves with the USA & Japan, et al. The whole Brexit/Remain situation is about ideolgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's a simple choice really. The globalist EU are aligned with Communist China, and as a free-trade nation we should allign ourselves with the USA & Japan, et al. The whole Brexit/Remain situation is about ideolgy.
    The USA is China's biggest trading partner, isn't it?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...-deal-leave-EU

You would imagine that with all the practice he's had, Boris would be better at this lying business

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The USA is China's biggest trading partner, isn't it?
    Yes, but they are in a trade war due to the current negotiations to reset the present trade imbalances. The option of free lunches that came about due to the globalist policies of previous US administrations have now been taken off the table, and their entire business model is under stress. The multinationals aren't happy, which is a good thing. Wealth is now going to flow back to the nations who enter into mutually beneficial trade deals (that's the USA & UK), and those who thrive on the free lunches (China & EU) will now have have to rethink their entire trade strategies. If you want to assess the true effects of Brexit, they have to be looked at over the longer term.

The opposite is true.The sizable minority in the Tory parliamentary party believe that as we are the first democracy we should be answerable to no one.Its an ideology that dates back to the Empire days where a few elitist ruled the many.Rees-Mogg and his cronies don't give a fig about the possible hardship a cliff edge Brexit would do.The other thing you don't realise is that on a trade basis we are relatively small potatoes especially when you consider the fact that California has the fifth largest economy in the world.As a stand alone trading nation we would have nothing like the clout that the EU block has despite what these elitist Tories would have you believe

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    The opposite is true.The sizable minority in the Tory parliamentary party believe that as we are the first democracy we should be answerable to no one.Its an ideology that dates back to the Empire days where a few elitist ruled the many.Rees-Mogg and his cronies don't give a fig about the possible hardship a cliff edge Brexit would do.The other thing you don't realise is that on a trade basis we are relatively small potatoes especially when you consider the fact that California has the fifth largest economy in the world.As a stand alone trading nation we would have nothing like the clout that the EU block has despite what these elitist Tories would have you believe
    You are assuming that the EU block remains intact post-Brexit, and that the Tories will be in power forever.

The UK is strategically import to the US geopolitically. We have a seat on the security council, and are also their most important intelligence sharing ally. We are situated at the gateway to Europe, and nobody knows what the future holds. Britain may even start a new common market without a political union, or a European army

China is the world's second-largest economy and the USA's biggest trading partner. What the **** are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    China is the world's second-largest economy and the USA's biggest trading partner. What the **** are you talking about?
    And they are also being brought to heal, while US businesses move back to America. New supply chains are also under consideration. Without a trade reset, China post 2050 is a threat to America and the rest of the world. What the **** are you talking about?

And they are also being brought to heal, while US businesses move back to America. New supply chains are also under consideration. Without a trade reset, China post 2050 is a threat to America and the rest of the world. What the **** are you talking about?
    Everything I said is a fact. You can look it up. Everything you said is your opinion. And the opinion of an idiot is worthless.

Everything I said is a fact. You can look it up. Everything you said is your opinion. And the opinion of an idiot is worthless.
    If we set up trade deals with very poor countries then they ill want something in return, usually something that we do well and could help develop their country, it could be university places etc. It's not going to be as simple as some people think.

I am commenting on US trade policy as it is happening right now, so I'm not sure where you are getting your ideas from. I listen to what Lighthizer, Ross, Kudlow, Navarro and Mnuchin have to say, and not some clueless prick on a message board

Would that be the same EU that has a new trade deal with Japan? This is why Honda are closing Swindon and Nissan halve cut investment in Sunderland.
    Why make cars with uncertainty around tariffs when you can ship them in tariff-free from Japan.
    Watch Toyota follow suit with Nissan to pull out come the new Qashqai, which is already built in Spain as the Renault Kadjar.

It absolutely beggars belief that Leavers are clinging on to their Brexitopia dream, when it was so obviously a sandcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Would that be the same EU that has a new trade deal with Japan? This is why Honda are closing Swindon and Nissan halve cut investment in Sunderland.
    Why make cars with uncertainty around tariffs when you can ship them in tariff-free from Japan.
    Watch Toyota follow suit with Nissan to pull out come the new Qashqai, which is already built in Spain as the Renault Kadjar.

It absolutely beggars belief that Leavers are clinging on to their Brexitopia dream, when it was so obviously a sandcastle.
    Of course the EU will enter into trade deals with other countries, even with the UK post-Brexit, but the rules of the game are currently being changed by America and others.

I'd be much more concerned if a sitting government DIDN'T look into all possible scenarios (good, bad, or terrible) surrounding a possible Brexit. That's their job, isn't it? To NOT have prepared for any eventuality would be very irresponsible. The fact that they seem to have done so quite thoroughly is one of the few bits of good news to come out of the recent political bun-fight.

Corbyn voted against joining the Common Market back in the 70s. He is not a Remainer, he is just trying to use the current political situation for his own benefit.
    Oh come on, so what? 40 years ago he voted against something and he couldn't possibly have changed his mind or recognised that the situation or question were different now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Oh come on, so what? 40 years ago he voted against something and he couldn't possibly have changed his mind or recognised that the situation or question were different now?
    Corbyn is an opportunist.