+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water found on distant planet

Re: Water found on distant planet

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He believes that the old testament is factual. Science is his enemy.
    I don't think I've ever discussed the Old Testament or science with you. Do you know much about either subject ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You're a strange, sad man

I'm sure you find independent thinking very strange and you're probably much happier in yourself by avoiding it, so in that sense I suppose you avoid "sadness"

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I don't think I've ever discussed the Old Testament or science with you. Do you know much about either subject ?
    Sorry, were you not discussing your ultra-Christian beliefs on here when you joined or am I making that up?

I've read the old testament twice as an adult (I quite enjoy fiction) and there are things that one should be sceptical about if you're going to relate potential scientific discoveries to fairy tales.

God created the heaven and the earth in 6 days (what the **** was a day and why did it take him so long?)

The Garden of Eden (a talking snake and a woman being created from the rib of a man?)

The fact that God is supposed to be infallible and yet he's repeatedly deceived by the Pharoah (he must know what the Pharaoh would do if he is an all knowing, all seeing deity, right?) - and God progressively ups the punishments for his deceit until somehow every firstborn in the whole of Egypt is murdered (not far fetched at all).

Noah's Ark (enough said)

Moses parting the Red Sea and talking to a burning bush (he may need to take some anti-psychotics)

That's just from Genesis and Exodus, if I'm not mistaken. Do you believe that all of those things happened?

Do I know much about science? Not sure how to answer that, really. More than the average child, possibly. Less than a scientist, definitely.