+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water found on distant planet

Re: Water found on distant planet

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Here's another great example of something which you can't check or see for yourself because it's eleven million light years or whatever away, but which will either cost you money or at least provide someone with a great excuse to explain the disappearance of millions into their Swiss bank accounts.
    People are discussing it enthusiastically because it seems clever to understand the subtle nuances and implications to the fairy tale world David Attenborough sold them, but it's really not clever at all you know.
    eh?

David Attenborough fairy stories? Does that silly c*nt think lions aren't real?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I know, crazy.

Nelson gives as good as he gets back to me. And he does it under his own username.

Henry, however, is someone's multi for when he's too chicken to say something a bit mean and nasty.
    A psychologist's wet dream. Hiding behind another username to swear at people for saying racism is bad then crying about people being condescending

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    A psychologist's wet dream. Hiding behind another username to swear at people for saying racism is bad then crying about people being condescending
    Says the guy who STOLE another persons username

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    eh?
    Ronnie thinks he's very clever. So when he reads about people far cleverer than him doing amazing things, he belittles it. Sort of a dunning kruger effect; he thinks it's impossible for him to not understand something so therefore if he doesn't understand it it must be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Says the guy who STOLE another persons username
    I only have the one though. I'm not such a snowflake I have to use my second account to swear at people when ccmb makes me angry.

I only have the one though. I'm not such a snowflake I have to use my second account to swear at people when ccmb makes me angry.
    That’s so ironic coming from someone who got so involved in a pathetic online feud he stole another persons username. Not taking the internet seriously at all. 😂

Anyway, do you really believe that I have this account to swear at people because I won’t swear at someone on this alleged “second account”?

Whatever next? I’m Wales Bales?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Aberdare?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    eh?
    I don't believe it because i can't check it out for myself, same as Ronnie. Infact, most things that are important can't be checked or verified by me, so i'm not going to believe anything at all, ever, unless i can see it.

Here's another great example of something which you can't check or see for yourself because it's eleven million light years or whatever away, but which will either cost you money or at least provide someone with a great excuse to explain the disappearance of millions into their Swiss bank accounts.
    People are discussing it enthusiastically because it seems clever to understand the subtle nuances and implications to the fairy tale world David Attenborough sold them, but it's really not clever at all you know.
    115 light years away and it'll take us 2 million years to get there. Just about when the lights will go out on Brexit I fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Or, other planets have developed way beyond ours and humans are a very primitive, early species.
    Probably this....

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ronnie thinks he's very clever. So when he reads about people far cleverer than him doing amazing things, he belittles it. Sort of a dunning kruger effect; he thinks it's impossible for him to not understand something so therefore if he doesn't understand it it must be wrong.

No ! It doesn't matter how bloody clever anyone is, they can't verify or dispute it because it's in some place ,time or circumstance which only a tiny number of people claim they can know about, and that should sound alarm bells.

By the way, perhaps this might be the time to mention that there's a ****ing great big dragon who lives in the cloud cover at the top of Mount Everest . Fortunately I've got a magic carpet and a fairy sword and I'm planning to go and kill it before it gets everyone. Thing is, of course, that it eats gold so obviously I'll need everyone to send me some so I can keep it at bay in the mean time.

Please !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    115 light years away and it'll take us 2 million years to get there. Just about when the lights will go out on Brexit I fancy.

Well,then I suggest that you get together with Lardy, Dembeth Pixie, Rudey and the rest and set off as soon as possible. Take plenty of sandwiches and warm clothing and you should get there in time to avoid both climate change and a no deal Brexit !

Theres a few of those flakies about ,what's the point in having another name ,do they think were fooled,what are they worried about?

No ! It doesn't matter how bloody clever anyone is, they can't verify or dispute it because it's in some place ,time or circumstance which only a tiny number of people claim they can know about, and that should sound alarm bells.

By the way, perhaps this might be the time to mention that there's a ****ing great big dragon who lives in the cloud cover at the top of Mount Everest . Fortunately I've got a magic carpet and a fairy sword and I'm planning to go and kill it before it gets everyone. Thing is, of course, that it eats gold so obviously I'll need everyone to send me some so I can keep it at bay in the mean time.

Please !!!
    You need to read up on the difference between the definitions of a normal theory and a scientific theory.

You need to read up on the difference between the definitions of a normal theory and a scientific theory.

Oh silly me !
    Alright then , scientists have detected a ****ing big dragon in the cloud cover above Mount Everest, and unless you give me 10p for every carrier bag you buy, including VAT for the government on every one it will piss into the oceans of the world causing water levels to rise and destroy the planet.
    Some nut cases might doubt this, but let me assure you that you'll be really clever and scientific if you believe it - only really clever and intelligent people can understand the science you see.

Oh silly me !
    Alright then , scientists have detected a ****ing big dragon in the cloud cover above Mount Everest, and unless you give me 10p for every carrier bag you buy, including VAT for the government on every one it will piss into the oceans of the world causing water levels to rise and destroy the planet.
    Some nut cases might doubt this, but let me assure you that you'll be really clever and scientific if you believe it - only really clever and intelligent people can understand the science you see.
    You're a strange, sad man

Current equipment is only able to determine basic factors such as distance, mass and temperature but sophisticated tools developed at University College London have been able to translate existing data from the Hubble Space Telescope to make sense of the unique molecule signatures of water vapour.
    Seems pretty conclusive to me tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    115 light years away and it'll take us 2 million years to get there.
    Ah yes, but how long for them to get here?

Ah yes, but how long for them to get here?
    Depends when they set off

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Depends when they set off
    What if they set off 1999999 years ago?

I expect they'd be pretty surprised at the mess we have made of the place in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I expect they'd be pretty surprised at the mess we have made of the place in the meantime.
    If they are that far away but could see Earth what point in history would be they actually see? Maybe they would only be seeing Dinosaurs knocking around and having a laugh still.

Unless they are are travelling at the speed of light we'd be ok

Heisenberg

You're a strange, sad man
    He believes that the old testament is factual. Science is his enemy.