+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boro to sue ?

Boro to sue ?

Re: Boro to sue ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Makes sense. It seems clear cut to me. If that report is true they made themselves compliant with a corporate sleight of hand. No way should it be allowed. Good luck Middlesborough. Reminds me of the Tevez affair.

Ignoring the snow day bollocks I've always quite liked Derby. But this stinks:

Derby owner Mel Morris used a separate company to buy Pride Park for £80million with a deal to lease it back.

At the time, the ground was listed as an asset on Derby's books with a value of £41million.
    This is allowing them to skirt the rules at the moment but selling the stadium and leasing it could definitely come back to hurt them in the future if things go pear shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Ignoring the snow day bollocks I've always quite liked Derby. But this stinks:

This is allowing them to skirt the rules at the moment but selling the stadium and leasing it could definitely come back to hurt them in the future if things go pear shaped.
    No. Because they are connected parties. The false valuation made them compliant with EFL rules. Methinks.

I’ve also heard that a 3rd party is paying Wayne Rooney’s 100k a week wages. Which helps comply with ffp rules?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    I’ve also heard that a 3rd party is paying Wayne Rooney’s 100k a week wages. Which helps comply with ffp rules?!
    Yep being paid by a betting company.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Aren't FFP a UEFA thing? Rooney plays in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Makes sense. It seems clear cut to me. If that report is true they made themselves compliant with a corporate sleight of hand. No way should it be allowed. Good luck Middlesborough. Reminds me of the Tevez affair.
    Reminds me of the Sam Hamman affair.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Aren't FFP a UEFA thing? Rooney plays in the US.
    He’a moving to derby in January and it’s being funded by bet32.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    And squad number 32! 🤔

I didn't know that.

Hope he's as good as R Fowler was for us.

And he is down as a player coach, even though he won't do any coaching, so only half the wages count

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And he is down as a player coach, even though he won't do any coaching, so only half the wages count
    They seem to know all the tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I didn't know that.

Hope he's as good as R Fowler was for us.
    He still looks relatively fit and was always a much better player than Fowler ever was. If his heart is in it I think he'll rip this league up.

Seeing some highlights from America he’s certainly still got it, let’s hope his ‘lifestyle’ gets the better of him ey?