+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ground evacuated?

Ground evacuated?

🤔

Re: Ground evacuated?

Flares in the ground!

Flares in the away end. If true our fans are a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Bet it's those Wishbone Ash fans

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I thought it was all about no socks and high leg jeans

Greg Halford tweeted asking if it was snowing in Derby

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Flares in the ground!
    Morons

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Morons
    Hippies probably

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Greg Halford tweeted asking if it was snowing in Derby

We’ve got some real bell bottoms following us !

How did they get in, no searches then??

Question the stewarding I would??

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    How did they get in, no searches then??

Question the stewarding I would??
    Yes, it's always the fault of the stewards for not spotting fans taking things into the ground that they shouldn't.

Agreed fans shouldn't have been taking the flares into the ground.

However Derby were looking for anything to score points over Cardiff after snowgate and what better opportunity when its live on Sky!!

That's the point I was making

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    We’ve got some real bell bottoms following us !
    fair play, thats funny

Stewards had no idea why the ground was being evacuated, I saw a flare in the concourse and surprised to learn they evacuated just for that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Stewards had no idea why the ground was being evacuated, I saw a flare in the concourse and surprised to learn they evacuated just for that
    Stewards by the fire exits had no idea that an "evacuate the stadium" announcement had been made. Clear as day in the stands but, worryingly, no communication (announcement/audible alarm/flashing lights/earpiece comms...take your pick) with stewards in the concourse. There seemed to be a lack of emergency evacuation training too. I'm guessing smoke detectors set off an automatic stadium announcement. The result was City fans trying to get out and the stewards on the fire doors I spoke to thinking it was a wind up. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Stewards by the fire exits had no idea that an "evacuate the stadium" announcement had been made. Clear as day in the stands but, worryingly, no communication (announcement/audible alarm/flashing lights/earpiece comms...take your pick) with stewards in the concourse. There seemed to be a lack of emergency evacuation training too. I'm guessing smoke detectors set off an automatic stadium announcement. The result was City fans trying to get out and the stewards on the fire doors I spoke to thinking it was a wind up. Not good.
    I didn't even manage to leave the stadium, I was in the concourse the entire time

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I didn't even manage to leave the stadium, I was in the concourse the entire time
    If (and at the time it wasn't clear) there had been a fire, those fire exits were rather small compared to those at the CCS. Plus, it looked like City fans were still being admitted as others were coming out through the fire exit. Certainly there was confusion with one steward trying to seperate those who had already been admitted, when the all clear was given, from those who had tickets but arrived and got mixed up with those evacuated. Meanwhile, sounds like City fans in the concourse were none the wiser as to what was going on and had another beer or two. Derby need to have a good look at their emergency planning and procedures.