+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Murphy

Murphy

Much better in my opinion yesterday.

Might be worth him switching flanks as not sure Bennett can deal with him leaving the gaps behind

Re: Murphy

I really rate him, yes he can be frustrating but that’s all wingers who aren’t top class wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Much better in my opinion yesterday.

Might be worth him switching flanks as not sure Bennett can deal with him leaving the gaps behind
    Really?! I wasn’t surprised at all when he was substituted.

He is so frustrating to watch.

One of the few players we have that has a bit of flair .

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    One of the few players we have that has a bit of flair .
    We have no need for that in Warnock's team!!!

Flair? can’t cross, can’t bear his man....

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Flair? can’t cross, can’t bear his man....
    Yes he can, he's one of the few payers we have who can regularly beat his man

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes he can, he's one of the few payers we have who can regularly beat his man

He does beat his man but struggles to provide and end product, he dribbles until he loses it/ gains a corner. It’s frustrating as I think he’s capable of much more! When he comes on Hoilet seems far more capable of getting decent service into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    He does beat his man but struggles to provide and end product, he dribbles until he loses it/ gains a corner. It’s frustrating as I think he’s capable of much more! When he comes on Hoilet seems far more capable of getting decent service into the box.
    It seems that with our set up this season the wingers only option is to go 1v1 with the fullback as there’s no outlet up top and no overlap from the fullback

Which is why there’s probably a lot of takeons but also a lot of opportunities gone as the other team knows what’s going to happen.

We need Murphy to loosen up a bit and feel able to cut inside to give ourselves a bit of variety.

Only my feelings but this team is designed to grind the opponents down, not outsmart or outplay