+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ambitions

Ambitions

I’ve been watching this afternoon’s games in the Premier and Championship games. I watched the game last night. We are a million miles behind most of these teams. WBA really went for it after going behind at Fulham....we seemed to settle for a point. There is direct football an there is direct football.....punting it forward in the hope it will bounce kindly is not the way forward.
    The frustrating thing is that with the addition of one or two CREATIVE midfielders we could be a force in this division.

WHY do we not give academy players a chance like other teams/??? They don’t even make the bench. I remember Toshack...George Johnston, Barry Hole, Steve Gammon and others (ok that gives away my age....).

We should have pressed the game last night....it was there to win...but we settled for s point.....ant I DO NOT want to hear that “Derby is a tough place to go to...blah blah blah...”

Re: Ambitions

So where are Derby and Fulham in comparison to us them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I’ve been watching this afternoon’s games in the Premier and Championship games. I watched the game last night. We are a million miles behind most of these teams. WBA really went for it after going behind at Fulham....we seemed to settle for a point. There is direct football an there is direct football.....punting it forward in the hope it will bounce kindly is not the way forward.
    The frustrating thing is that with the addition of one or two CREATIVE midfielders we could be a force in this division.

WHY do we not give academy players a chance like other teams/??? They don’t even make the bench. I remember Toshack...George Johnston, Barry Hole, Steve Gammon and others (ok that gives away my age....).

We should have pressed the game last night....it was there to win...but we settled for s point.....ant I DO NOT want to hear that “Derby is a tough place to go to...blah blah blah...”
    You're right Maurice, sadly the board has minimal ambition for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're right Maurice, sadly the board has minimal ambition for the club.
    Actually, tactics, recruitment and selecting youth (the points made by OP) are the manager’s decisions. Just saying.

That said, I also think the board are (not entirely but) a bit clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Actually, tactics, recruitment and selecting youth (the points made by OP) are the manager’s decisions. Just saying.

That said, I also think the board are (not entirely but) a bit clueless
    On a scale of 1-10, 9.5. And Tan wants to pocket as much Dosh as he can. Ipso facto?

On a scale of 1-10, 9.5. And Tan wants to pocket as much Dosh as he can. Ipso facto?
    But he won't while we're in the Championship.

International

Has he pocketed any yet?
    I'd suggest it's far less than he has spent even if he has pocketed any.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Has he pocketed any yet?
    I'd suggest it's far less than he has spent even if he has pocketed any.
    In which case he's just pulling it back. Where's our ambition?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

West Brom went for it.....I guess they got all 3 points then? Big ken is back and all that.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So where are Derby and Fulham in comparison to us them ?

They are nowhere, it’s all BS....

Tan has poured millions into our club , stayed loyal , you need to cast an eye further afield and see how others owners have treated their clubs , before judging ours so harshly .

His problem financially is the FFP issues that so badly effected us , knowing this is Warncok last year and might need a war chest to rebuild with new manager , or he is waiting unit January .

All i know is he provides funding before a lot of welsh folk ,kept seasons tickets at a reasonable level , provides great family club facilities ,top bloke in my eyes .

I hope that all the contributors to the CCMB are season ticket holders , and help push our dreams forward

P.M.A. Is needed