+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Favourite Away Pubs

Favourite Away Pubs

Travel independently to away games so gives a chance to visit pubs that are away fan friendly or tolerant but may not take coachloads. Had a good time, pre-match in the Brunswick Arms near Derby Station last night. Friendly atmosphere, loads of ales and ciders with no pretensions. Looking forward to The Vine at West Brom in a couple of weeks. They have their own tandoor out the back churning out chicken tikka as well as a great curry menu.

What pubs do others recommend or are looking forward to going back to?

Re: Favourite Away Pubs

My favourite away pub was the one on the road into Halifax in the old fourth division , lovely chicken and chips !! And the barmaid was fit

....on a cold Tuesday night?

Charters Bar in Peterborough. It's a floating barge just opposite Peterborough United ground as you come over the bridge.
    They have a beer garden outside the barge based on a Munich beer garden with loads of tables in a field and an under cover band stand that gets packed on nice days in summer.
    I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with the amount of real ales and bottled trappist ales etc on offer at the bar inside the barge.

I go up to peterborough every year for the biggest beer festival in the UK every August bank holiday weekend. They have a massive beer festival on what is the equivalent of Coopers field in Cardiff and its under 6 massive circus tents. It's a gin tent, wine tent, and cider and Perry tent along with the biggest selection of bottled beers and ales from all over the world.
    Live music every day and night in the music tent.

This video below is charters bar

https://youtu.be/N9mObgG3r-Q

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Charters Bar in Peterborough. It's a floating barge just opposite Peterborough United ground as you come over the bridge.
    They have a beer garden outside the barge based on a Munich beer garden with loads of tables in a field and an under cover band stand that gets packed on nice days in summer.
    I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with the amount of real ales and bottled trappist ales etc on offer at the bar inside the barge.

I go up to peterborough every year for the biggest beer festival in the UK every August bank holiday weekend. They have a massive beer festival on what is the equivalent of Coopers field in Cardiff and its under 6 massive circus tents. It's a gin tent, wine tent, and cider and Perry tent along with the biggest selection of bottled beers and ales from all over the world.
    Live music every day and night in the music tent.

This video below is charters bar

https://youtu.be/N9mObgG3r-Q
    The one near Craven Cottage is lovely, but I can't remember the name of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The one near Craven Cottage is lovely, but I can't remember the name of it
    The Crabtree?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The Crabtree?
    Yes that's the one. I always look forward to going there

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My favourite away pub was the one on the road into Halifax in the old fourth division , lovely chicken and chips !! And the barmaid was fit
    No pubs in Exeter?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Travel independently to away games so gives a chance to visit pubs that are away fan friendly or tolerant but may not take coachloads. Had a good time, pre-match in the Brunswick Arms near Derby Station last night. Friendly atmosphere, loads of ales and ciders with no pretensions. Looking forward to The Vine at West Brom in a couple of weeks. They have their own tandoor out the back churning out chicken tikka as well as a great curry menu.

What pubs do others recommend or are looking forward to going back to?
    Been to The Vine the once, cracking pub

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No pubs in Exeter?
    Not when Cardiff are in town

Cracking pub at QPR, but me and Splott Parker are keeping it to ourselves

There's a good one across the park at Hull cheap as chips to

I like that one on the side of the Accrington ground. Next year in the cup?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Cracking pub at QPR, but me and Splott Parker are keeping it to ourselves
    had some laughs in there