+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC4 1970s rock...best show I've seen for ages

BBC4 1970s rock...best show I've seen for ages

On last night . Man, Badfinger, Faces etc etc. Great show. Well worth playing on catch up.
    Totally British: 70s Rock 'n' Roll, 1. 1970-1974: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r3pm9 via @bbciplayer

Re: BBC4 1970s rock...best show I've seen for ages

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    On last night . Man, Badfinger, Faces etc etc. Great show. Well worth playing on catch up.
    Totally British: 70s Rock 'n' Roll, 1. 1970-1974: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01r3pm9 via @bbciplayer
    Great era.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I caught bits of it - I sat open mouthed at Babe Ruth - there was a mad woman screaming to a dreadful racket - it was rubbish

Man, Lizzy, Nazareth were good - didn't think much of Humble Pie either

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I caught bits of it - I sat open mouthed at Babe Ruth - there was a mad woman screaming to a dreadful racket - it was rubbish

Man, Lizzy, Nazareth were good - didn't think much of Humble Pie either
    Yep, a few Turkeys in there but some great stuff as well. I enjoyed.

Obviously Wishbone Ash were far too famous to be included in the show

Man had the theme tune to the series too 'Day and Night' I think from the Slow Motion Album. And the performance for 1973 on there was excellent, a fuller version is on Youtube.

Indeed Enoch. They would host their own show and give a masterclass in how instruments should be played and harmonies sung !

Badfinger (The Iveys) were cursed apparently.

just like every era there was some right old shite about in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Badfinger (The Iveys) were cursed apparently.
    Yes,poor choice of phrase. Apple, money troubles, 2 band members committing suicide, another died young.
    Massive shame because I really think that they could have been very big.
    Baby Blue, which reached 3 in the USA but was not released over here because of Apple's problems at the time, is one of my all time fav tracks.

Pub quiz question - The Beatles and Badfinger had a song each of the same name but not the same song.

What was it?

Good spot. Wont give the answer as I had to check on wiki.

I saw Badfinger support Man at the Top Rank Cardiff in 1974. Badfiner were really heavy rock then.

I know it.However Im that old I cant remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Indeed they were ,probably too costly as well .

Pub quiz question - The Beatles and Badfinger had a song each of the same name but not the same song.

What was it?
    Love me do

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I saw Badfinger support Man at the Top Rank Cardiff in 1974. Badfiner were really heavy rock then.
    That's sounds a great gig.

What was it?
    I know the answer can't say it as i would only be attacked for googling the answer, they had a lot of connections to the Beatles in particular Paul McCartney, a classy band who I agree could have been huge.

This is intresting::

https://ezinearticles.com/?The-Three...ion&id=6279275

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    So famous they used to regularly play the Municipal Hall in Pontypridd over the last 10 years. Whereas Man are playing the dizzy height of the Earl Haig Club in Whitchurch next month! (Well the surviving member of Man, Martin Ace).

So famous they used to regularly play the Municipal Hall in Pontypridd over the last 10 years. Whereas Man are playing the dizzy height of the Earl Haig Club in Whitchurch next month! (Well the surviving member of Man, Martin Ace).
    I joined a 70's rock group forum mainly for my fondness of Mott The Hoople.However a poster kept inundating the site with videos of The Sweet.His user name is Buster.I did hear someone say that there must be a way to Block Buster

That’s why I used the word “were”. The current line ups of both Wishbone Ash and Man bear little resemblance to the time when they were genuinely famous. It’s a bit like the antiques trade analogy “I have a knife that was once owned by Oliver Cromwell-it has had 4 new handles and 5 new blades but it’s a knife that was once owned by Oliver Cromwell”