+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BANDS WHO DISAPPOINTED YOU LIVE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BANDS WHO DISAPPOINTED YOU LIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Queen disappoint me when they're on the radio, never mind live. And the scabby ****ers played Sun City during the Apartheid years.
    Queen!! The most over rated band of all time, without a shadow of a doubt. 'Rock' music for people that aren't really into rock music!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Queen!! The most over rated band of all time, without a shadow of a doubt. 'Rock' music for people that aren't really into rock music!!
    They're just shite. Not one of their songs actually means anything.

Simple Minds - Milton Keynes Bowl 1986

Only went because my girlfriend was a fan
    Truly awful self indulgent generic bilge - mind you they didn't disappoint me as I have always thought they were truly shite

Better support bands in Lloyd Cole and The Waterboys and Doctor and the Medics

Gene loves Jezebel at Cardiff Uni were shocking too

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

Truly awful self indulgent generic bilge - mind you they didn't disappoint me as I have always thought they were truly shite

The Waterboys at Cardiff Uni is one of my favourite all time gigs, May '86. They were equally as mind blowing at the Glastonbury Festival a month later.

After seeing REM deliver a brilliant concert at the Newport centre a year or so earlier, I thought they disappointed a bit at Cardiff Arms park.

Never enjoyed Tina Turner,
    The boss didn't quite boss it for me at the stadium,
    The U2 concert at the Millennium wasn't very good but I thought the Joshua Tree and Zooropa were both excellent gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

This was my 1st Simple Minds gig, 30 odd gigs later including Munich, Berlin & Prague I had a diff experience agree about the Waterboys, they were excellent, I saw them another two time after the MK gig, in the port and the diff

Totally agree matey. Just listen to any of the 'lyrics' to any of their hits, shockingly poor and embarrassingly trite. The only half way decent song they ever recorded was 'You're My Best Friend' written in one of his rare forays into writing a song, by John Deacon, about his then girlfriend

Like Beethoven or Mozart then. Utterly meaningless music

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Like Beethoven or Mozart then. Utterly meaningless music
    Freddie Mercury being compared to Beethoven and Mozart-Did you really just do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you ever hear a song for the first time and think that it's brilliant and then a few months later realise that it's shit? I've got this rule with music, if a song instantly stimulates my senses and i have to play it again and again then it's probably crap. The ones that stay are the songs that i really like after the third or fourth time of listening.