+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "This game was, by an absolute country mile, the most entertaining I’ve seen a Cardiff City team involved in at any level so far this season."

"This game was, by an absolute country mile, the most entertaining I’ve seen a Cardiff City team involved in at any level so far this season."

I usually post my reports on games below first team level in the Development and Academy teams thread, but I thought the under 18s display yesterday deserved a thread of its own - in a season where there have been so few things for a City fan to get excited about, it was great to see our kids play so well.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: "This game was, by an absolute country mile, the most entertaining I’ve seen a Cardiff City team involved in at any level so far this season."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I usually post my reports on games below first team level in the Development and Academy teams thread, but I thought the under 18s display yesterday deserved a thread of its own - in a season where there have been so few things for a City fan to get excited about, it was great to see our kids play so well.

Fantastic. I look forward to seeing them play for barry town in the next season or so.

Re: "This game was, by an absolute country mile, the most entertaining I’ve seen a Cardiff City team involved in at any level so far this season."

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Fantastic. I look forward to seeing them play for barry town in the next season or so.
    Did you see the video of Barry's goal at Airbus yesterday? Very impressive, with Sion Spence prominently involved.

Did you see the video of Barry's goal at Airbus yesterday? Very impressive, with Sion Spence prominently involved.
    Yes far too much off the ball movement for the city! Ha.

Barry top of the league again with the same style of young players playing on the floor quickly.

TNS and connahs quay the 2 full time teams will take over again later in the season but barry well set for top 3.

Colwyn bay are hoping for promotion and Merthyr talking seriously of joining. Even murmurs amongst disillusioned Wrexham fans but I can’t see that.

Yes far too much off the ball movement for the city! Ha.

Barry top of the league again with the same style of young players playing on the floor quickly.

TNS and connahs quay the 2 full time teams will take over again later in the season but barry well set for top 3.

Colwyn bay are hoping for promotion and Merthyr talking seriously of joining. Even murmurs amongst disillusioned Wrexham fans but I can’t see that.
    Sad to see Wrexham struggling in the National League. Time to get rid their manger perhaps? They are definitely a league two or even a league one team. Plenty of ex league teams that have been demoted to National League seem to get back into the football league pyramid after a season or two out. Wrexham just seem to have slowly gone down and down since being demoted ten seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Sad to see Wrexham struggling in the National League. Time to get rid their manger perhaps? They are definitely a league two or even a league one team. Plenty of ex league teams that have been demoted to National League seem to get back into the football league pyramid after a season or two out. Wrexham just seem to have slowly gone down and down since being demoted ten seasons ago.
    Real football hotbed. Crowds of 5k regularly which is amazing for NL. I suspect it is about expectation. Pressure is too great for management and players. I hope they can get their shit together sooner than later. Def a Lg 1 club at least.

Thanks for that, it was a terrific game. You're right about the significance of Leeds not pressing, it was an odd tactic. It will be interesting to see how some of our youngsters cope when they're not given time on the ball like they were yesterday. A very positive performance though.

Only one downside, it was a shame you saw fit to sing 'we all hate Leeds scum' at the top of your voice for the whole of the second half. Slightly inappropriate for an under-18s game I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks for that, it was a terrific game. You're right about the significance of Leeds not pressing, it was an odd tactic. It will be interesting to see how some of our youngsters cope when they're not given time on the ball like they were yesterday. A very positive performance though.

Only one downside, it was a shame you saw fit to sing 'we all hate Leeds scum' at the top of your voice for the whole of the second half. Slightly inappropriate for an under-18s game I felt.
    Well, it was either that or staying where I was in the first half and filling in that loud Leeds fan who was supporting his team and celebrating their goal in our stand.

Surely not from TOBW? The only evidence of him doing anything remotely offensive at a game is the photo of him excavating one of his nostrils with an extended digit.

I’ve always wondered what the difference is, between a normal mile, and a country mile? 😁

Nice read that Bob. Out of curiosity, with Bellamy now having moved onto pastures new who is responsible for coaching the U18's this season? Don't tell me it's our injured centre back who is also acting as an assistant coach at U23 level!! Wonder if he assists our groundsman in his spare time too?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Surely not from TOBW? The only evidence of him doing anything remotely offensive at a game is the photo of him excavating one of his nostrils with an extended digit.
    That was about fifteen years ago! Can't someone be allowed to build a new life for themselves without having their past dragged up to haunt them? I really think I need to change my posting name!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Nice read that Bob. Out of curiosity, with Bellamy now having moved onto pastures new who is responsible for coaching the U18's this season? Don't tell me it's our injured centre back who is also acting as an assistant coach at U23 level!! Wonder if he assists our groundsman in his spare time too?
    I honestly don't know, but I can confirm Sol Bamba wasn't there in the dug out this time.

Just checked, according to the club website Matthew Bloxham is the Under 18s coach now.

That was about fifteen years ago! Can't someone be allowed to build a new life for themselves without having their past dragged up to haunt them? I really think I need to change my posting name!

Or Merthyr, Weston S-M, Gloucester, Bristol Manor Farm, Chippenham, Cinderford ...

I honestly don't know, but I can confirm Sol Bamba wasn't there in the dug out this time.

Just checked, according to the club website Matthew Bloxham is the Under 18s coach now.
    Cheers Bob. I am all the wiser! Not a name I recognise tbh.

I haven't been to the U23's for a while because of his constant gesturing and shouting of abuse at the visitors' bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I haven't been to the U23's for a while because of his constant gesturing and shouting of abuse at the visitors' bench.
    Don't forget me being ejected from the ground, kind of, at the Vale a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Confirmation that Matthew Bloxham is in charge of the under 18s.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...1-leeds-united

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve always wondered what the difference is, between a normal mile, and a country mile? ��
    It's wobbly terrain and you have to go over styles. They have gold conveyer belts in the big city.