+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: city colours

city colours

Derby vs. Cardiff. Derby play in white shirts and black shorts,Cardiff City play in blue shirts and shorts.Why did they need to play in that sickly orange colour when there was no colour clash whatsoever.

Re: city colours

Easier for City players to find each other in the snow.

Couldn't agree more.
    Those orange shirts are vile .

It’s all about total football....who did the cruyff turn for us? Was it Paterson?

The only away kit that is as bad as ours (or worse) was the Jack's Quality Street looking one from a few seasons back.

International

Last time I saw City play in blue shirts they had white shorts.

Man City changed to black v Norwich to avoid a clash between canary yellow/green and light blue/white. I hate it when teams do that. I wrote to Fulham to ask why they wore red against us. No reply.

I thought the tops were a very fetching ensemble, well chosen , it certainly bought the best out of the City players orange tans .

The orange kit definitely seems to be the away kit this season as opposed to it being an alternative that's only worn when there's a clash.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s all about total football....who did the cruyff turn for us? Was it Paterson?

No, it's not as if they're like the Dutch shirts, which are okay. These are vivid ****ing orange which make them look like characters in a kids TV show or free gifts in an ice cream parlour. All they need is pointy hats with bells on them .
    Not the first one either is it ? We recently has those ****ing fluorescent green shirts which seemed to glow, and who can forget the horrible away kit the other Bob Wilson has based his money making venture on ?