+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing out from the back

Re: Playing out from the back

The blog has been updated since yesterday actually, and the full system for goalkeeping, playing it out from the back and holding the ball in your own penalty area has been combined with a live kit change into mauve during games.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What is the logical point in risking losing possession in front of your own goal if you don't have to ?
    It's as simple as that really
    There is no logical reason to pumping the ball up to players with their back to goal and effectively making the chances of possession 50-50 all of the time. Nobody can control the ball on their head, all we are relying on is anticipating second balls. That's just shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There is no logical reason to pumping the ball up to players with their back to goal and effectively making the chances of possession 50-50 all of the time. Nobody can control the ball on their head, all we are relying on is anticipating second balls. That's just shit.
    Don't bother mate. He hasn't got a clue

It's the only option if Sam Vokes is playing up front!

Well first of all it needn't be 50/50 if you've got a good target man and wingers , but here's the logic - if you lose a long ball that's unfortunate but not immediately dangerous. On the other hand, if you lose it whilst buggering about with the ball in your own half or in front of your own goal , you've got no time to react and it can be in your net a few seconds later.
    It's a matter of reducing risks where that's possible and if you're trying to win matches you've got to do that. It depends where your priority is though, and if you think it's worth taking risks you could avoid for the sake of artistic content then so be it.
    Someone there said I "haven't got a clue", but that's not so. It's certainly not so for various coaches such as our manager , Sam Allerdyce or Ron Atkinson in recent times or many many others who got the best out of limited players by loading the dice in this and other ways.

Well first of all it needn't be 50/50 if you've got a good target man and wingers , but here's the logic - if you lose a long ball that's unfortunate but not immediately dangerous. On the other hand, if you lose it whilst buggering about with the ball in your own half or in front of your own goal , you've got no time to react and it can be in your net a few seconds later.
    It's a matter of reducing risks where that's possible and if you're trying to win matches you've got to do that. It depends where your priority is though, and if you think it's worth taking risks you could avoid for the sake of artistic content then so be it.
    Someone there said I "haven't got a clue", but that's not so. It's certainly not so for various coaches such as our manager , Sam Allerdyce or Ron Atkinson in recent times or many many others who got the best out of limited players by loading the dice in this and other ways.
    Recent times ? Atkinson?

Atkinson is also shit and a racist.

Jesus wept.

Everyone was wanking over Rochdale a couple of weeks ago. And now it's out of fashion already?

I remember watching Atkinson's Villa a number of times in the 90s and to even consider the football that side played as similar as Warnockball shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, your comment, which I have highlighted, shows that your lack of understanding of the game has attained new heights. If you really think that passing the ball about the back is merely for show, I'd consider following something simpler, like the card game, Snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember watching Atkinson's Villa a number of times in the 90s and to even consider the football that side played as similar as Warnockball shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, your comment, which I have highlighted, shows that your lack of understanding of the game has attained new heights. If you really think that passing the ball about the back is merely for show, I'd consider following something simpler, like the card game, Snap.

I may be many things Eric, but simple isn't one of them. Your comment is interesting , since football is - on the face of it -one of the simplest games on earth. That's why some of the people here think they understand it. Compared to lots of other stuff it actually is fairly simple of course , but like anything else it's capable of improvement by intelligent thought.
    I have admiration for those who can apply such intelligent thought to improve the performance of a football team, and it's possible to understand to some extent how they're achieving that . Observing the performance of a more expensive and to be fair more skilful team them concluding that we should do that isn't a very intelligent view.

You mention one of the many teams Ron Atkinson has managed as if he's always done it that way, but of course he's done it many ways and always played to the strengths of the players he has available, whilst avoiding the stuff they can't do. I might mention the extreme route one football he used at Peterborough.

Tell you what's definitely NOT intelligent.... Calling people names and acting like a spoilt child whilst discussing alternative tactics. In the real world of big boys activities where we have to make important decisions, people who act like that don't get to take part. It's not going to help anything and it's childishly rude.

Looking forward to hearing all about what Ron Atkinson did at Peterborough.

Let's play "guess what Ronnie is talking about". My guess is John Beck at Cambridge.

Ron Atkinson is like the Jim Davidson of football managers. Sam Allardyce is Bernard Manning.

Davidson and Manning. Ronnie Bird's favourite comics ???

That's all quite childish isn't it ?
    There's not much point being logical if people either can't grasp it or just want to call people names from behind their keyboards.
    If that's what you like doing, why wait until someone's posted something - just post away with the schoolyard crap and enjoy the fact that you can get away with it .

I may be many things Eric, but simple isn't one of them. Your comment is interesting , since football is - on the face of it -one of the simplest games on earth. That's why some of the people here think they understand it. Compared to lots of other stuff it actually is fairly simple of course , but like anything else it's capable of improvement by intelligent thought.
    I have admiration for those who can apply such intelligent thought to improve the performance of a football team, and it's possible to understand to some extent how they're achieving that . Observing the performance of a more expensive and to be fair more skilful team them concluding that we should do that isn't a very intelligent view.

You mention one of the many teams Ron Atkinson has managed as if he's always done it that way, but of course he's done it many ways and always played to the strengths of the players he has available, whilst avoiding the stuff they can't do. I might mention the extreme route one football he used at Peterborough.

Tell you what's definitely NOT intelligent.... Calling people names and acting like a spoilt child whilst discussing alternative tactics. In the real world of big boys activities where we have to make important decisions, people who act like that don't get to take part. It's not going to help anything and it's childishly rude.
    Hilarious, trying to gain some sort of moral highground. Spoilt child? Pot, kettle etc. You're the tosser that rubs people up the wrong way then cries when you get it back. Only one of us gets it reguarly in the neck from other posters on here, which says something.

Try growing up and being the supposedly intellectual and intelligent mature adult you claim to be. You're not impressing anyone. Quite the opposite.

Anyone remember when Brian Clough was managing Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone remember when Brian Clough was managing Celtic?

An interesting article not just for the balloon ball comment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...areer-to-this/

What is Ronnie's hard on over Ron Atkinson about?

The guy hasn't been talked about for about 20 years ffs.

I reckon if you typed Ron Atkinson into google the first 10 links from the search engine would open up threads form ccmb from the last month!

Hilarious, trying to gain some sort of moral highground. Spoilt child? Pot, kettle etc. You're the tosser that rubs people up the wrong way then cries when you get it back. Only one of us gets it reguarly in the neck from other posters on here, which says something.

Try growing up and being the supposedly intellectual and intelligent mature adult you claim to be. You're not impressing anyone. Quite the opposite.

I don't want to impress anyone here , I can assure you. Your comment is rubbish though, because I don't call people names, especially in response to a post they've made.
    It's heartbreaking to see some of the stuff written here, but not for me, for the sake of those who will self inflict failure upon themselves with their lack of manners and insistence upon opinions which don't stand examination.

It's heartbreaking to see some of the stuff written here, but not for me, for the sake of those who will self inflict failure upon themselves with their lack of manners and insistence upon opinions which don't stand examination.
    Is that Hamlet? Wales Bales?

It's not Hamlet or WB.
    I can do a bit of Shakespeare if you like, but I didn't think it would go down well here.
    ' Lord what fools these mortals be !'

' Lord what fools these mortals be !'
    There you go 👌👏 And I think Tuerto was generous. Kicking out from the back is more 65/35 than 50/50.

ronnie ruining another thread with his tedious posts.

a great example of the modern game

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

What a load of bollocks. Where's the 50-50 challenges, the misplaced passes and the last gasp tackles to win the ball back for the keeper to launch forward, taking out half a dozen seagulls as it gets close to exiting the earth's atmosphere?

This isn't football. I'd rather watch a schoolyard game of kick and rush.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Love that football is heading in this direction. How can anyone hate watching this