Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
I may be many things Eric, but simple isn't one of them. Your comment is interesting , since football is - on the face of it -one of the simplest games on earth. That's why some of the people here think they understand it. Compared to lots of other stuff it actually is fairly simple of course , but like anything else it's capable of improvement by intelligent thought.
I have admiration for those who can apply such intelligent thought to improve the performance of a football team, and it's possible to understand to some extent how they're achieving that . Observing the performance of a more expensive and to be fair more skilful team them concluding that we should do that isn't a very intelligent view.

You mention one of the many teams Ron Atkinson has managed as if he's always done it that way, but of course he's done it many ways and always played to the strengths of the players he has available, whilst avoiding the stuff they can't do. I might mention the extreme route one football he used at Peterborough.

Tell you what's definitely NOT intelligent.... Calling people names and acting like a spoilt child whilst discussing alternative tactics. In the real world of big boys activities where we have to make important decisions, people who act like that don't get to take part. It's not going to help anything and it's childishly rude.
Hilarious, trying to gain some sort of moral highground. Spoilt child? Pot, kettle etc. You're the tosser that rubs people up the wrong way then cries when you get it back. Only one of us gets it reguarly in the neck from other posters on here, which says something.

Try growing up and being the supposedly intellectual and intelligent mature adult you claim to be. You're not impressing anyone. Quite the opposite.