Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
A lot of people were saying that towards the end of last season.

Wondering if the championship is living up to expectations?

Can't help but think that statement only really applies when we have a team competing towards the top. Or am I wrong?

I'm not stirring, just wondering if the type of games we've seen so far have been enjoyable to some compared to the Premier League stuff.

Personally, I don't see the attraction, especially compared with the PL.
It's an interesting question. For me, there wasn't much fun about being battered at home several times last season, yet each ground out win seemed particularly special.

Have I enjoyed this season as much so far? No, but I would say that's mainly due to the dross served up so far and my perceived opinion of where the team is heading this season.

I reckon most fans want to see a side that is winning games, or showing a progression towards improvement. A playoff challenging side is going to win more often than a relegation threatened side, a promotion battle is edgier than a relegation battle. Suggestions of being a possible yo-yo club help ease the disappointment of impending relegation by offering hope of a swift return.

From a neutral perspective, the Championship can offer great games, unpredictability and some good football. The Premier League has some dour stuff and is more predictable.

From my perspective, going toe to toe with Arsenal twice and being unlucky, being so close to beating Chelsea, getting those wins that nearly kept us up was a great experience. With the greatest of respect, squeezing victory against Luton with an injury time winner hasn't had the same wow factor, even if I had comforted myself last season with the suggestion that it would be as good, if not better.