+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jo Swinson

Re: Jo Swinson

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Seems like a move with the interests of the party in mind rather than the country to be honest. Personally I'm 100% a remainer and hate the idea of leaving the EU. However I don't think that immediately revoking Article 50 is the way to go about it, it would show a lack of respect for the people who voted to leave in the first place, and would ignite a powder keg underneath an already tense and divided nation.

I think that the correct course of action would be another vote, a vote based on a more realistic picture of what leaving, and leaving without a deal would mean. I think that the picture has changed so much from what was originally on the ballot paper that that's a reasonable course of action and it's by no means unprecedented with advisory referendums.
    Go The Greens.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If Labour jettisoned JC, I would expect liberal to change thier stance , cant see Berger and Chukka ,Angela Smith and the recent Tory additions wanting to be anywhere the current Labour party .
    Thank goodness Jeremy's going nowhere. We wouldn't want that lot dragging us down again and sullying our good name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thank goodness Jeremy's going nowhere. We wouldn't want that lot dragging us down again and sullying our good name.
    Boris / Brexit government it is then .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think most people forgot about this vile bitch,all she wants is power

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yellow Tories, not a chance they'll work with Labour
    What about Chukka Ununna the Red Tory? The uniparty are very flexible when it comes to deceiving the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    If she allows any more Tories in, you might as well call them the Tory party.
    They should certainly drop "democrat" out of their name.

**** Swinson. If Labour want power they need to coalesce with the SNP. Even then that might not be enough to form a majority. So she will either have to back them or risk Johnson and co getting back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Johnson won't agree to a second referendum as a Tory/Lib Dem pact. Given that the Lib Dems have been fervently pro Europe, it would take an enormous amount of cheek to get voters to vote for them on a "revoke Article 50" ticket, then say they'll support a pro-leave party to get power in a hung parliament. Her own MPs would not stand for that, neither would party members.

The strong likelihood is a Lib Dem/Labour/Plaid/SNP etc pact.
    I am convinced that Labour will finish the coming election in third place.
    Like them or not the Conservatives want us to leave Europe (most) while the Lib Dem’s are committed to remain.
    Labour want us to vote for them and they will decide their strategy later ??
    The sooner Corbin is kicked out of politics the better

I saw a graph that showed parties on not only scale of left and right but libertarian and authoritarian which would best explain why Lib Dems can swing from Charles Kennedy to Nick Clegg while being the same party. There were Lib Dems in favour of austerity, opposed to austerity and content to play role of minor coallition partner for greater good....even if Dave Cameron now claims legalising same sex marriage was a Tory policy or wider public were disinterested, at the time at least, in voting and political reform. They seem to be employing a risky strategy currently, both in terms of what impact it will have on Brexit and existing supporters, but they are also the only party gaining MPs even if there are other anti-Brexit choices.

To push through a people's confirmation vote or to push through Brexit these major parties will have to work with those they traditionally don't want to work with. May could probably have had her Brexit if figuring that out sooner, Corbyn and other smaller parties seem to be only ones thinking about that now.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Like them or not the Conservatives want us to leave Europe (most) while the Lib Dem’s are committed to remain.
    While horrendously explained, I think Labour's strategy may be looked back on more kindly. They set targets for any deal would see them support Brexit, they pushed to be the main negotiating party and now are pushing for public vote which can still lead to Brexit or remain. It's been slow, badly explained and seems to jump around but overall has been the best thing trying to represent 52% and 48%, while also bringing the UK back together by 100% being completely annoyed at Labour's strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I think most people forgot about this vile bitch,all she wants is power
    The Lib Dems are hedging their bets on voters only being interested in Brexit and not care at all about any other policies

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While horrendously explained, I think Labour's strategy may be looked back on more kindly. They set targets for any deal would see them support Brexit, they pushed to be the main negotiating party and now are pushing for public vote which can still lead to Brexit or remain. It's been slow, badly explained and seems to jump around but overall has been the best thing trying to represent 52% and 48%, while also bringing the UK back together by 100% being completely annoyed at Labour's strategy.
    As I understand it Labour intend renegotiating May's Withdrawal Agreement to get an improved deal and then campaign against their own deal in a second referendum. However, different Labour politicians seem to have different versions of their policy meaning in the view of the public they are all over the place with some spokespeople suggesting Labour are neither the Party of Leave nor Remain. Make of that what you will but Labour are in an almighty mess on BREXIT.

Don't rule a Johnson / Fararge coalition out.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Don't rule a Johnson / Fararge coalition out.
    This^
    But only if they agree to not stand against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Labour's policy is to get in, and try and sort a deal that is palatable. Then they will have a second ref on that vs remain. They'll probably campaign to remain but it clearly depends on how good their deal is. The Tories have stopped being a legitimate party and are ignoring the law, the LDs are going to out and out remain, which I don't think is very politically savvy while Labour are trying to honour the ref.

Labour won't come third, especially when campaigning ramps up and especially if he gets young people out in force again.

It seems like there is not much love for Jo Swindle on here then?

I'm a massive Jeremy Corbyn fan and believe that the way he has kept his dignity when the media barons are trying to shoot him down is very admirable.

This country needs sweeping reforms and believe that he'll lead a government who can do it.

Unless you're stinking rich and selfish and/or up to no-good in your financial dealings, I can't see why you'd vote for anyone other than a Labour government under Jeremy Corbyn.

I believe that he's a man of sheer dignity and integrity. I'd urge anyone who is even the slightest bit torn on what party to vote for in the next Election to vote for Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'm a massive Jeremy Corbyn fan and believe that the way he has kept his dignity when the media barons are trying to shoot him down is very admirable.

This country needs sweeping reforms and believe that he'll lead a government who can do it.

Unless you're stinking rich and selfish and/or up to no-good in your financial dealings, I can't see why you'd vote for anyone other than a Labour government under Jeremy Corbyn.

I believe that he's a man of sheer dignity and integrity. I'd urge anyone who is even the slightest bit torn on what party to vote for in the next Election to vote for Labour.
    Well said that man. The press did the same with Kinnock and Foot years ago. Both decent men, well one was more decent than the other!

I'd vote for Corbyn if we were out of the EU, and we could start a new chapter without any interference from across the channel.

Whatever your politics you know where you stand with the Liberals on this issue which is more than could be said for the Tories or Labour.

The evidence suggests the opposite. He is supposed to be eliminating anti semitism yet those of that faith say he is doing nothing; he denies fraternising with terrorists yet the evidence suggests otherwise; he has been a long term campaigner against the EU yet now wants to Remain for his own political reasons even though his privatisation policies would be forbidden while a member of the EU. At the last election he attracted student votes by saying he would eliminate student debt which is unachievable from a financial perspective. While tax and spend has been a failed Labour policy for many years Corbyn's spending plans takes largesse to a whole new level.

In short I don't think Jeremy Corbyn is the paragon of virtue that some consider him to be but of course many in Wales will vote for him as PM as family tradition dictates that is how things should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In short I don't think Jeremy Corbyn is the paragon of virtue that some consider him to be but of course many in Wales will vote for him as PM as family tradition dictates that is how things should be.
    Ah, the old chestnut that anybody who disagrees with you is stupid, while you ignore the active smear campaign that is being run against him

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ah, the old chestnut that anybody who disagrees with you is stupid, while you ignore the active smear campaign that is being run against him
    If it's a smear campaign competition then at the moment he is coming out of it alright compared to Boris. It's his general lack of clarity about what he wants from anything that is stopping him gaining much popularity outside of labour members.

47 posts in, and nobody has mentioned the absolutely fantastic pair of knockers on her

Didn’t want to mention them in the OP, but they are rather glorious!