+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jo Swinson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jo Swinson

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Are you really sure about that after 2010?
    Johnson won't agree to a second referendum as a Tory/Lib Dem pact. Given that the Lib Dems have been fervently pro Europe, it would take an enormous amount of cheek to get voters to vote for them on a "revoke Article 50" ticket, then say they'll support a pro-leave party to get power in a hung parliament. Her own MPs would not stand for that, neither would party members.

The strong likelihood is a Lib Dem/Labour/Plaid/SNP etc pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Johnson won't agree to a second referendum as a Tory/Lib Dem pact. Given that the Lib Dems have been fervently pro Europe, it would take an enormous amount of cheek to get voters to vote for them on a "revoke Article 50" ticket, then say they'll support a pro-leave party to get power in a hung parliament. Her own MPs would not stand for that, neither would party members.

It was about 90 per cent meant as a joke, but I can remember around this time ten years ago when the Lib Dems were saying that if your politics were left of centre then you'd be best off voting for them - a few months later they teamed up with the Tories and I'm afraid I still wouldn't trust them as far as I could threw them.

How did their MPs stand last time? Spineless. In a large likelihood of no overall majority, the Tories will be pushed into a decision and the price will be Swinson's No Deal vs Remain ref, with a further 5 years of austerity (which Swinson believes in).

I am convinced that Labour will finish the coming election in third place.
    Like them or not the Conservatives want us to leave Europe (most) while the Lib Dem’s are committed to remain.
    Labour want us to vote for them and they will decide their strategy later ??
    The sooner Corbin is kicked out of politics the better

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Like them or not the Conservatives want us to leave Europe (most) while the Lib Dem’s are committed to remain.
    While horrendously explained, I think Labour's strategy may be looked back on more kindly. They set targets for any deal would see them support Brexit, they pushed to be the main negotiating party and now are pushing for public vote which can still lead to Brexit or remain. It's been slow, badly explained and seems to jump around but overall has been the best thing trying to represent 52% and 48%, while also bringing the UK back together by 100% being completely annoyed at Labour's strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Labour's policy is to get in, and try and sort a deal that is palatable. Then they will have a second ref on that vs remain. They'll probably campaign to remain but it clearly depends on how good their deal is. The Tories have stopped being a legitimate party and are ignoring the law, the LDs are going to out and out remain, which I don't think is very politically savvy while Labour are trying to honour the ref.

Labour won't come third, especially when campaigning ramps up and especially if he gets young people out in force again.