+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jo Swinson

Re: Jo Swinson

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    47 posts in, and nobody has mentioned the absolutely fantastic pair of knockers on her
    I did go to post of “would you though?” But the missus was sat next to me.

The missus isn’t sat next to me now.
    So...Swinson...would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If it's a smear campaign competition then at the moment he is coming out of it alright compared to Boris.
    You cannot be serious

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am convinced that Labour will finish the coming election in third place.
    Like them or not the Conservatives want us to leave Europe (most) while the Lib Dem’s are committed to remain.
    Labour want us to vote for them and they will decide their strategy later ??
    The sooner Corbin is kicked out of politics the better
    What is unclear about Labour's brexit policy?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Seems like a move with the interests of the party in mind rather than the country to be honest. Personally I'm 100% a remainer and hate the idea of leaving the EU. However I don't think that immediately revoking Article 50 is the way to go about it, it would show a lack of respect for the people who voted to leave in the first place, and would ignite a powder keg underneath an already tense and divided nation.

I think that the correct course of action would be another vote, a vote based on a more realistic picture of what leaving, and leaving without a deal would mean. I think that the picture has changed so much from what was originally on the ballot paper that that's a reasonable course of action and it's by no means unprecedented with advisory referendums.

I'm assuming that a lot of people feel the same way as me so Swinson's move to place her party as the "Revoke" partly will undoubtedly split the vote of those who want to remain but have differing opinions on how to go about it. The way to go with the best future for the country in mind would have been to form a coalition with the other remain parties but she's seen a once in a lifetime chance to propel the Lib Dems into Government on their own and she's gone for it.
    Seems about right to me.

One point I think that is crucial is imagining a general election would provide a solution. Only another properly crafted referendum would provide clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ah, the old chestnut that anybody who disagrees with you is stupid, while you ignore the active smear campaign that is being run against him
    He definitely hasn't ignored the smear campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The evidence suggests the opposite. He is supposed to be eliminating anti semitism yet those of that faith say he is doing nothing; he denies fraternising with terrorists yet the evidence suggests otherwise; he has been a long term campaigner against the EU yet now wants to Remain for his own political reasons even though his privatisation policies would be forbidden while a member of the EU. At the last election he attracted student votes by saying he would eliminate student debt which is unachievable from a financial perspective. While tax and spend has been a failed Labour policy for many years Corbyn's spending plans takes largesse to a whole new level.

In short I don't think Jeremy Corbyn is the paragon of virtue that some consider him to be but of course many in Wales will vote for him as PM as family tradition dictates that is how things should be.
    How much would eliminating fee based student debt cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How much would eliminating fee based student debt cost?
    House of Commons Library suggests the following:

Currently more than £16 billion is loaned to around one million students in England each year. The value of outstanding loans at the end of March 2019 reached £121 billion. The Government forecasts the value of outstanding loans to be around £450 billion (2018‑19 prices) by the middle of this century.

On top of that you have to add figures for Scotland and Wales but the overall amount to eliminate student debt is very large which is the point.

She's a right sort

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    House of Commons Library suggests the following:

Currently more than £16 billion is loaned to around one million students in England each year. The value of outstanding loans at the end of March 2019 reached £121 billion. The Government forecasts the value of outstanding loans to be around £450 billion (2018‑19 prices) by the middle of this century.

On top of that you have to add figures for Scotland and Wales but the overall amount to eliminate student debt is very large which is the point.
    Looks like that includes maintainence loans (the kind I hold), which I certainly wouldn't expect to be on the table in this discussion. Crucially also we have to take into account the difference between the value and the likely payback rate.

I would prefer a bit more a nuanced approach compared to what labour proposed at the last election. Aiming to drive students towards degrees we want them to study by way of big fee decreases but with some kind of settlement with existing creditors (maybe shortening the payback period). I don't think you can make sweeping changes to future practice without considering those that have been burdened by the system brought in under the coalition.

Jeremy Corbyn will never be PM of UK.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She's a right sort
    She is.

Jo Swinson 3.jpg

I wondered what it would take to get this thread moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Jeremy Corbyn will never be PM of UK.
    Oh I wouldn't be so downhearted, I think he will. People are already beginning to see how much better he would be than the last three showers of shit we've endured. So keep your fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wondered what it would take to get this thread moved.
    The mention of 'whipping' will I'm sure soon arose the dormant