Swansea a bubble

The least surprising news of the year announced

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ubble-16927551

Re: Swansea a bubble

Wonder how many tickets we'll get

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wonder how many tickets we'll get
    First indication is about 1650, that’s my take on it though, not set in stone

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How much does their away end hold? About 2000 isn't it?

Hopefully we give them a smaller allocation as well

Isn’t it down to how many coaches their secure coach park can accommodate?

Don't know about a bubble, but it's definitely a shithole.

1600....we took twice that when we were in the dungeon 30 years ago....what a joke that is..

Sth Wales still in the dark ages.

Find it mad how this is still the case when much bigger derbies such as Sunderland v Newcastle don't have them and fans are free to get the metro through as they please. Think I'll be touch and go for a ticket but the hassle of it really does take away from the day (then again we've not won when I've been)

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Sth Wales still in the dark ages.
    It's a domination thing, seems to me like the police want to show their power by making it an "event", like the changing of the guard.
    The mass herding and control of people and the mass media coverage they will be lapping it up.

There are many fans from teams in London and all over who swarm the city on a regular basis which the met treat it as routine.

Time to bring back the 'specials?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's a domination thing, seems to me like the police want to show their power by making it an "event", like the changing of the guard.
    The mass herding and control of people and the mass media coverage they will be lapping it up.

There are many fans from teams in London and all over who swarm the city on a regular basis which the met treat it as routine.

Sundays games in London.

15:00 C Palace V's Wolves
    15:00 West Ham V's Man Utd
    17:30 Arsenal V's Aston Villa
    17:30 Chelsea V's Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Find it mad how this is still the case when much bigger derbies such as Sunderland v Newcastle don't have them and fans are free to get the metro through as they please. Think I'll be touch and go for a ticket but the hassle of it really does take away from the day (then again we've not won when I've been)
    Swansea fan I know who lives in Cardiff had to drive to Swansea to get the coach to Cardiff for the game, go back on the coach to Swansea before driving back to Cardiff.

I'm sure same for many on both sides. Crazy.

Swansea fan I know who lives in Cardiff had to drive to Swansea to get the coach to Cardiff for the game, go back on the coach to Swansea before driving back to Cardiff.

I'm sure same for many on both sides. Crazy.
    This will definitely not be happening

Fans can get on their normal coaches at their normal stops

I told you all this weeks ago, what WOL have printed is “OLD NEWS”, to anyone who was at the last meeting

It's probably slightly a some pissed up dickheads definitely going to fight thing as well

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's probably slightly a some pissed up dickheads definitely going to fight thing as well
    Of course but are you suggesting that there aren't any of these people en route to London?
    I think you may have missed my point.

This will definitely not be happening

Fans can get on their normal coaches at their normal stops

I told you all this weeks ago, what WOL have printed is “OLD NEWS”, to anyone who was at the last meeting
    Just saying like.
    Sorry I must've missed your post.

Of course but are you suggesting that there aren't any of these people en route to London?
    I think you may have missed my point.
    How dare you suggest I've missed your point, I've never missed a point in my life.

There's loads of those people in London but I feel there might almost be an expectation with some elements of our fanbase that they need to have a fight at the derby, partly perhaps because it's been a bubble for so long.

And those London fans of yours do fight so maybe the SWP want to avoid scenes like these

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...st-ham-v-spurs

and it's far harder to bubble London clubs than Swansea and Cardiff so maybe they're choosing to do it because they can

How dare you suggest I've missed your point, I've never missed a point in my life.

There's loads of those people in London but I feel there might almost be an expectation with some elements of our fanbase that they need to have a fight at the derby, partly perhaps because it's been a bubble for so long.

And those London fans of yours do fight so maybe the SWP want to avoid scenes like these

and it's far harder to bubble London clubs than Swansea and Cardiff so maybe they're choosing to do it because they can
    Pffft. Seen worse in Caroline Street of a Tuesday night. Just a spot of high jinks.

Pffft. Seen worse in Caroline Street of a Tuesday night. Just a spot of high jinks.
    Chippy Lane

Chippy Lane
    Reported.

I sometimes wonder how SWP et al would have managed if we'd both have got to the play off final in Wembley if the Jack's hadn't lost to Blackpool. Would have been an interesting logistical problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I sometimes wonder how SWP et al would have managed if we'd both have got to the play off final in Wembley if the Jack's hadn't lost to Blackpool. Would have been an interesting logistical problem!
    I remember this being a big point of discussion back then, alternating services etc. Would probably have been 90% fine then some idiots would have caused havoc and some places in London

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    London clubs never have ‘bubble’ trips for derby games.

This is the one away game I’ll miss this season. I don’t fancy sitting on a bus for hours, treated like shit, unable to have a beer, have snotty kids lob bricks at the bus from behind a police cordon, and then get kept in the stadium for half an hour at the end. No thanks.

Never had a problem going there before bubble trips. I actually rarely saw any Swansea fans on the way from the station to the ground.