+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "a team who doesn’t really want to play".

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "a team who doesn’t really want to play".

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Oddly, our passing is better than it was when we were promoted. Not by much, but it is.
    We didn't have the current versions of Paterson or Tomlin in 17/18. Our lack of fitness in front of the midfield 2 is killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We didn't have the current versions of Paterson or Tomlin in 17/18. Our lack of fitness in front of the midfield 2 is killing us.
    That attacking midfield position has been a waste of a shirt for us this season. Tomlin doesn't have the engine and using Paterson as battering ram isn't working like it did two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That attacking midfield position has been a waste of a shirt for us this season. Tomlin doesn't have the engine and using Paterson as battering ram isn't working like it did two years ago.
    Paterson isn't the same as he was two years ago. He's carrying a knock, he's not fit and he's a bit chunky. Hopefully he's back to his best but he's been a passenger in recent weeks and that's the last thing I thought we'd ever say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Paterson isn't the same as he was two years ago. He's carrying a knock, he's not fit and he's a bit chunky. Hopefully he's back to his best but he's been a passenger in recent weeks and that's the last thing I thought we'd ever say about him.
    I also think that, during our promotion season, he was very much an unknown quantity. I think we bought him as a right back, but I'm not confident in this. Warnock said he'd be a fan's favourite. Even in the Premier League, defenders hadn't really come across anyone as unorthodox as Paterson.

Now teams are more aware of him, coupled with his lack of fitness, and he's been anonymous all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I also think that, during our promotion season, he was very much an unknown quantity. I think we bought him as a right back, but I'm not confident in this. Warnock said he'd be a fan's favourite. Even in the Premier League, defenders hadn't really come across anyone as unorthodox as Paterson.

Now teams are more aware of him, coupled with his lack of fitness, and he's been anonymous all season.
    He's fat, unfit and a million miles off it. I'm sure he'll be back, he's got a great eye for goal and he's immense in the air. I don't think this has as much to do with people being used to him, rather than he's not had a preseason and could be that type of player that takes a while to get the cobwebs off.