Thread: Is Cardiff enjoyable to watch?

Is Cardiff enjoyable to watch?

Everyone seemed to love Warnockball 2 years ago, so why the change of heart

Re: Is Cardiff enjoyable to watch?

no

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Because the results aren’t the same probably.

Anyone going to tell him/her/them ???

they weren't enjoyable to watch last season either

I was critical 2 years ago on here about how we gave the ball away constantly. I am not enjoying the games so far this season, it's turgid rubbish. When our only creative hope is a bloke who in my opinion is finished at this level (Tomlin) and fans are grateful of a two pass combination or a bit of movement from him for 35 minutes then that's as desperate as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Because the results aren’t the same probably.
    Spot on, wait for the love in, once we get going.

I and many I know loved the last promotion effort , full steam ahead footy, great atmospheres, Warnock fist pumping , rants , against the odds results, marvelous stuff , oh , and team togetherness, passion .

What a very American way to ask

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What a very American way to ask
    What is you on about?

NO, I have been going down for forty years had a season ticket for the last 15 and can't say I am enjoying this Warnock hoofball at all to the extent I ain't going Saturday. The twice we have been promoted it was playing negative football, it's such a shame we didn't go up under Dave Jones as at least we went out to win the games. Back under Dave Jones we lost many games but going home losing 3-2 you were gutted but at least we had a go and there were many talking points, but now I am just going home pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What is you on about?

It was working two years ago. We moved the ball faster and defended and attacked better. We scored goals. It was exciting. Now it's just pedestrian. And negative. And boring.

I think the style of football is acceptable if you’re winning but if not there is zero enjoyment watching it.

Constantly losing the ball puts everyone on edge.

I wouldn't say it was the same style of play as it was two years ago. At this time two years ago we had beaten both Villa at home and Wolves away and playing lovely stuff while doing it but this year we've already skipped over that and into metaphors about the season being a marathon and not a sprint. Our defence is older, our midfield and wingers are possibly just as good on paper, if not better, but have not hit the ground running and we're comparing an in-form Zohore to a player just starting his career in the UK. Oh, and the team is more expensive bringing higher expectations. This season may end up being more enjoyable if everything clicks but at the moment that doesn't seem close.

We weren't particularly enjoyable to watch for much of the promotion winning season, apart from the fantastic start there were very few games where we were enjoyable to watch

It's been quite a while that a Cardiff team has been consistently pleasing on the eye. Trollope and Slade's teams were turgid for different reasons. Solskjaer was too experimental with too much change. I remember Mackay being criticised for his style of play which was far less direct than we are seeing now. You have to go back to boring Dave Jones for a side that regularly got the pulses racing.

That said it is difficult to make a case that the football we are watching is pleasant. I have been to every away game this season and think Warnock has been good to his word of learning the lessons from Wigan by effectively shutting up shop in terms of attacking ambition. It is slightly amusing when people argue about which goalkeeper has the best distribution when what we seem to mean is which keeper can most regularly find the 10 x 5 left or right strip 70 yards up the pitch that Paterson happens to be positioned.

Long throws from own half or into the area remind me of those racer snakes and iguanas in the Attenborough series. The snakes know they are coming and the iguanas don't disappoint.

We are a little more entertaining at home but even then against the only quality team we have played we seemed to assign Josh Murphy to a marking role on Steven Sessignon rather than the other way around.

Still will get behind the team because that's what you do!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone going to tell him/her/them ???
    Contemporary.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's been quite a while that a Cardiff team has been consistently pleasing on the eye. Trollope and Slade's teams were turgid for different reasons. Solskjaer was too experimental with too much change. I remember Mackay being criticised for his style of play which was far less direct than we are seeing now. You have to go back to boring Dave Jones for a side that regularly got the pulses racing.

That said it is difficult to make a case that the football we are watching is pleasant. I have been to every away game this season and think Warnock has been good to his word of learning the lessons from Wigan by effectively shutting up shop in terms of attacking ambition. It is slightly amusing when people argue about which goalkeeper has the best distribution when what we seem to mean is which keeper can most regularly find the 10 x 5 left or right strip 70 yards up the pitch that Paterson happens to be positioned.

Long throws from own half or into the area remind me of those racer snakes and iguanas in the Attenborough series. The snakes know they are coming and the iguanas don't disappoint.

We are a little more entertaining at home but even then against the only quality team we have played we seemed to assign Josh Murphy to a marking role on Steven Sessignon rather than the other way around.

Still will get behind the team because that's what you do!
    The decision to play for a draw against a very beatable Derby side was baffling, and the less said about Reading the better

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I treat enjoying the game as a bonus. I play every ball make and receive every tackle I’m up on toes when I tip the ball over the bar and I’m in the face of the referee when decisions don’t go the way I think they should
    When the final whistle blows I’m an emotional wreck

I loves it I do
    I always have always will no matter what division we play in

I remember in the rave days when I was young and care free with no direct debits, mortgages or kids, I sat on a hill at Radyr golf course watching the sun come up over the city....one of my best ever days watching Cardiff that was.....

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I treat enjoying the game as a bonus. I play every ball make and receive every tackle I’m up on toes when I tip the ball over the bar and I’m in the face of the referee when decisions don’t go the way I think they should
    When the final whistle blows I’m an emotional wreck

I loves it I do
    I always have always will no matter what division we play in
    Don't get me wrong, I still watch and I would still go. When I think about it, in my time of going regularly to games we were mostly shit. It never stopped me going. Even in the darkest days. I did leave at half-time once. On a Friday night during a 1-0 loss to Doncaster.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was working two years ago. We moved the ball faster and defended and attacked better. We scored goals. It was exciting. Now it's just pedestrian. And negative. And boring.
    I think you could add embarrassing to that list. As a football team we are exactly that.

There was a rumour a seagull flew over the stadium today. Caused minor interest. Otherwise....