+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Else?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone Else?

Must admit the Ashes has been my priority when it comes to televised sport in the last month or so and therefore I'm not "into" the new football season as much as I would normally be. I cannot use that as an excuse though for my complete lack of interest in the Champions League group stages, because that's been the case ever since it became a bloated money making exercise for also rans instead of the true test for genuine Champions that it used to be.

Re: Anyone Else?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must admit the Ashes has been my priority when it comes to televised sport in the last month or so and therefore I'm not "into" the new football season as much as I would normally be.
    THat's a good point. I said that I'd not bother with football until the Ashes were finished and I've definitely stuck to that. And it was excellent. To be honest, the NFL has now started so I'm following that rather than football. Cardiff City are different - that's not football, that's just part of who you are. But I've realised that I really don't care about watching football outside of Cardiff City, and the major international competitions. I still love the game and think it's the best one in the world and it always will be as it's great to play, but the way it is run, packaged and marketed leaves me cold.

And Freitag - it's not being too cool for school. I don't doubt that those games were amazing and I'm not suggesting that it's odd to enjoy them or anything like that. My mates still watch any and all champions league stuff. But I've got to a point where if I don't support one of the teams playing, I just don't care enough to want to watch it. I don't even read the football stuff on the back pages of the Metro any more.