Muse

Re: Name the band you would pay big bucks over and over to see live

James, Big Country. The Skids

Muse

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Santana, The Moody Blues, The Zombies

I honestly thought you were going to say Rockbitch, Mr Sludge.

I do ... King Crimson. Perhaps one day it might be a VIP Package to see them. That's about £270.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZxwe4SXY8

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    I do ... King Crimson. Perhaps one day it might be a VIP Package to see them. That's about £270.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZxwe4SXY8

StT.
    <><
    And there again ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOdk015mLEo

StT.
    <><

I wouldn't pay big bucks over and over to see anyone. In fact, I've never paid much more than $100 to see anyone. And that was only once or twice. There are people that have seen Rush hundreds of times. Seeing, as every show they play is in a major venue in a relatively major world city, you're talking about at least $500 a show, possibly twice that. No band is worth that. There are plenty of bands I've seen over and over, but I wouldn't do it at the expense of my family.

I'd pay good money to see Tom Waits once.

I'd never pay over and over again to see bands like the Stones , The Who , Fleetwood Mac , talk about capitalism and exploting the people,some of these bands are up there with the big branded companies charging the earth and fans just keep paying , how rich do they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    TOOL

Supported by mastodon in Cardiff 2006

What a show , TOOL are out of this world
    Pink Floyd without a doubt but really don’t think it’s gonna happen.The other one is AC/DC and I think there is another tour in them with Brian on vocals.
    Bit boring I know but hey ho.

Took my dad to see The Eagles in Birmingham as a surprise, tickets were £145. They made a very nice speech thanking the fans for always being there and supporting them and I thought f**k you, charge £25 a ticket if you want to thank people.

I'm not even an Eagles fan but there would have been people there who'd have probably spent hundreds and hundreds on them over the years. It's not as if the band need the money by this point. Enjoyed the gig though, considering I only knew 3 songs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd pay good money to see Tom Waits once.

I'd never pay over and over again to see bands like the Stones , The Who , Fleetwood Mac , talk about capitalism and exploting the people,some of these bands are up there with the big branded companies charging the earth and fans just keep paying , how rich do they need to be.
    Someone I know just paid $250 to see the Stones this summer. He claimed it was "awesome". Other people have told me it was a mess. When you think about it, there's no way that three blokes in their 70s can "put on a show" in a stadium. You're basically paying over the odds to see Jagger and Richards play together.

I saw Little Richard about 10 years ago. It was a real thrill to see the man himself. But he could barely walk, took several breaks and was obviously way past his best. Luckily it was in an intimate setting and I was seated at a table. If it had been in a larger venue, I wouldn't have bothered. I have seen shows at Madison Square Garden but I don't make a habit of it. I wouldn't pay to see anyone at a stadium. Or a festival.

I've seen a few bands in stadia over the years and concur with NYCBlue. It's just not worth it. For you oldies out there, I thoroughly recommend rock cruises, both for their intimacy and quality of music on offer. Plus, if you like to chat to band members, you will often find them wandering about on board ship and most are only too willing to have a good chinwag. Their days of hiding from fans are long gone and they just want to be treated like 'normal' people.

Even megastars like Daltrey can be seen eating meals with old folk in the dining areas. Probably the most accommodating are The Zombies. Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent in particular are great blokes who will always stop for a chat and they're so enthusiastic about other bands on the bill too.

Plus, you can spend quality time with like-minded people and make friends for life.

The Jam - saw them three times live; no one could touch them at their peak.

would love to have seen the Jam live

Reading 78..not great..would've preferred to see them when they had more material.

Floyd..supported by Gary Glitter..and The MaccLads

The Beatles, Lennon in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Someone I know just paid $250 to see the Stones this summer. He claimed it was "awesome". Other people have told me it was a mess. When you think about it, there's no way that three blokes in their 70s can "put on a show" in a stadium. You're basically paying over the odds to see Jagger and Richards play together.

I saw Little Richard about 10 years ago. It was a real thrill to see the man himself. But he could barely walk, took several breaks and was obviously way past his best. Luckily it was in an intimate setting and I was seated at a table. If it had been in a larger venue, I wouldn't have bothered. I have seen shows at Madison Square Garden but I don't make a habit of it. I wouldn't pay to see anyone at a stadium. Or a festival.
    I agree with your last para festival and staduim gigs are no longer my bag .
    I'd rather see some up and comming guitar band in a small venue .

The big bands are now part of the corporate greed and hunger for more bucks brigade ,they mifgt as well be called The Rolling Macdonald Stones , or the Coca U2 Cola.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    The Jam - saw them three times live; no one could touch them at their peak.
    I thought the Jam were good because I was young and it was exciting. I saw them 8 times. Now, live recordings of them sound awful to me. Weller's like a shouty geezer.